Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Step by Step OEM Fog Light Kit Installation With Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Default Step by Step OEM Fog Light Kit Installation With Pictures

Hello this is a little guide that shows the installation of the OEM Fog Light Kit on my 2007 base Pacifica mine came prewired so no wire splicing or removing the fuse box was done here, I wish the instructions were more specific in some steps it took me 45 minutes from the moment I disconnected the battery to
finish the job, I have a couple of tips that will save some time.

The Kit

Name:  DSC00672.jpg
Views: 3409
Size:  170.5 KB

Before

Name:  DSC00671.jpg
Views: 2403
Size:  97.2 KB

First thing to do disconnect the battery

Name:  DSC00673.jpg
Views: 2256
Size:  135.1 KB

After you remove the plastic guard you will see the wire somewhere near the opening

Name:  DSC00678.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  41.2 KB

The fog light *tip there is no left/right*

Name:  DSC00680.jpg
Views: 2266
Size:  69.3 KB

After you install the light in the spacesecure itwithtwo screws in the back *tip you will need a torx # 20 screwdriver*
and make sure the screw with the spring is facing up

Name:  DSC00682.jpg
Views: 2233
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  DSC00684.jpg
Views: 2201
Size:  44.6 KB

After both lights are installed is time to replace the switch, remove 3 screws under the plastic steering column cover after you do that gently squeeze the middle of each side to releasea tab on each side *tip to remove the top part you should lower the steering wheel all the way down a viceversa for the lower part, to install do the same or it will not go in*

Name:  DSC00685.jpg
Size:  43.2 KB

Remove the factory installed switch by taking off the two screws

Name:  DSC00687.jpg
Views: 2198
Size:  55.2 KB

To install the new switch do the same but in reverse *tip do not forget ot connect the switch*

Name:  DSC00688.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  74.7 KB

Reinstall the plastic steering column cover *tip pre-thread the 3 screws in their socket it will save you time when putting the plastic back together if you do no do that the screws will no find their hole and will fall out, trust me I wasted 15 minutes in this step* after that connect the battery and test the lights

Name:  DSC00689.jpg
Views: 2209
Size:  52.4 KB

Finally you will see the "On" indicator for the lights on the instrument cluster

Name:  DSC00692.jpg
Views: 2174
Size:  51.0 KB

And the after picture

Name:  DSC00690.jpg
Size:  136.7 KB

This is something else I got at the dealer for $30.00 the scruff pad for the rear bumper

Name:  DSC00695-2.jpg
Views: 2202
Size:  86.1 KB

Only things left to do is install the roof cross bars, the plastic liner to protect the carpet from spills and stains and the rear cargo retractable liner cover I got the last one on Ebay for $50.00

I hope this mini how to will help a lot of people trying to install the fog lights.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Step by Step OEM Fog Light Kit Installation With Pictures

Suggest looking at the Weathertech floor liners. They are great.

BTW .... when I bought my Pac I thought the Magnesium Green was an unusual color. Now that I have the vehicle......... I realize they are like fleas on a dog.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5355/75E0569CBC0D4AED948AD9D4D3D0127D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-03-2008, 09:30 PM

SARG, thanks for the weathertech suggestion, do you have them? if you do do they fit nicely?
thanks, I had the choice of getting a silver, pearl white or the "green", I do not like white cars the silver was the demo car, down here in Florida I do not see this color often but I like it.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:16 AM

I have purchased the floorliners and couldn't be happier..... But I'm up in the snowbelt. I would buy them again even if I was down south.

I have alsobought the window vents ( shown in picture ) for three of my vehicles so far. They aren't cheap at about $95 for a set of four but they last and they do not glue on ...... they fit inside the frames. They are much higher quality than Ventshade and the others.

I even spent the big dough on their plate frames because they last the life of the car.

http://www.weathertech.com/

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Did my fog lights this Saturday, your post helped me decide to go ahead and put them on. Once I knew the wires were already there that was what cinched it for me. Easy job, like you said maybe 45 min or so.

I also installed chrome handle covers, AVS smoke bug sheild and Chrysler mud flaps. The handle covers really look nice. If I get around to it I will post some photos. Mine is also the same color as yours.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the post... You convinced me to go ahead and purchase the set... Where did you purchase your set... Ebay seems to be the cheapest place to pick them up....

Old 09-30-2008, 07:59 PM

I obtained mine from the site below. Use caution if you deal on Ebaythat you obtain a factory OEM set with the foglight replacement control stalk included.

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/chpafogli.html

Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 AM

Thanks Sarg...I've seen this site in the past before but was unsure about ordering... Now that I know its lagit I'll give em a try...

Thanks again,

Old 10-12-2008, 12:08 PM

Well I got my kit last week and just finished installing it today. My 07 Pacifica is the touring model like Sargs, same color to be exact. Mine wasn't pre-wired though. Here are a couple of helpful hints that I found out while doing this mod.
[ul][*]The instructions have no words, just pics. The pics are very detailed and I could find out where everything went very easily[*]The switch was simple to install as were the lights themselves[*]Running the longer cable to the lights were very easy and so was grounding it under the fuse box (fuse box slides out after the clips are unsnapped)[/ul]
Here is where the tricky part comes in....
[ul][*]After unplugging the connector that you put the power splice into (26-way C-5) the wires go into spot #2 and spot #17 were already being used. I traced the wires and found a plug under the drivers side front bumper. I hooked up a test light and tested the power and found it to be for the fog lights. (works when the switched is turned on and off)The problem is it will only power one light as the other wire in the clip isn't power.[*]The connectors are not the same that came with the kit and do not fit together.[*]I spliced the kit connector, the one that goes into the fuse block together and then into the yellow/white wire (power from the switch)that was already in the car.[/ul]
The lights now work like they are suppossed to and the green fog lamp light in the dash works as well. The fpg lamps then go out when you put on the high beams and come back on when the high beams are turned off.

The install took a little bit longer as I had to find the clip and make a run to the auto part stor to get some electrical splices. I still have the connector installed in case I would ever need to disconnect. (Once installed I never would, just like things to look factory)

Hope this helps

Crazyotto

Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 PM

After reading this post I decided I would like to add these to my wifes 2006 Pacifica Touring. I looked, and the car is NOT pre-wired for them. They must have started that in 2007. Anyway, I have to assume the kit will come with the proper wiring harness to install them.

Quick Reply: Step by Step OEM Fog Light Kit Installation With Pictures