Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Subwoofer not working? or is it the amp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Default Subwoofer not working? or is it the amp?

I have a 2004 Pacifica awd, it has a factory amp and subwoofer in the back, 6 disc dvdplayer and cd played indash.
I bought the car a while ago but just noticed that my sub has never worked. I don't hear anything from it, no beats whatsoever.
So suspecting that maybe the amp was missing, i checked the rear area and the amp is connected and its fine, but the sub has never been touched.

what could be the issue? if i unplug the amp everything dies, no sound! Could it be the amp or sub? please help, i called the dealers they said the subwoofer would cost me 90 bux - well first off they didn't even know pacifica's have stock subs and amps.

thanks!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Subwoofer not working? or is it the amp?

unplug the sub and check for voltage comming from the amp if yes then amp good sub bad. no volts see if bad connector or wires or amp iself.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 PM

How doI check the voltage?
is there a diagram of wires that tells me which is the power cable?

"Clueless"

Old 04-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

if u dont know how to check for voltage then u dont need to mess with it u will end up doing more damage then good.
BTW to check for voltage u need a tester inorder to do that. here is a pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/1033/01B5FED6A3C8450DACFBAD25543D519D.gif[/IMG]

Old 04-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Not trying to hijack this thread, but as you know I'm in the process of installing a new head unit and have questions concerning the amp/woofer.

I originally got the wrong harness, and i'm in the process of making sure I get the correct one. Where is the amp located, so that I can verify that I truly have one. My factory head unit has to wiring harnesses in the back. I want to make sure the smaller one is for amp/subwoofer and not just steering wheel controls. I have a 2004 fwd with a 3.5 v6. I have navigation, but no cd or dvd changer. Don't know if this helps. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

give me the last 8 of your vin and i will find out if u have an amp and if so i will get the wire color and locations

Old 04-27-2007, 03:02 PM

I stopped by the local chrysler dearlership and got a full print out of every option installed on my car. So I discovered that I have no amp and no woofer. So what's the 2nd harness for? Steering wheel controls? There's a small and larger harness coming off of the head unit. I do have steering wheel controls, but I don't care about them.

(in addition- I have navigation- memory seats.....Will installing the aftermarket radio, affect the auto mute for the navigation voice, and my memory seats?)

More importantly- What harness do I need for my aftermarket radio? I don't think it's the one from my radio harness post.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
TEF

A new head will almost definately kill your auto-mute. Most likely the 2nd wiring harness connects the nav system to the radio for the audio output, and muting. Possibly with a diagram of the nav wires and some clever wiring you could work around this. I doubt there is a plug and play solution.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Well I need to figure something out, because when I plugged the head unit in with just the one harness that comes with the kit...I got no sound. There has to be something out there for this.

My radio model is RAHS. has 2 harnesses in the back.
my car also has LEWP = Radio/Driver Seat/ Mirrors Memory.

Can't believe that I would have to adust all these things everytime i get into the car. (Maybe that's what the 2nd harness is for - plugs into head unit). ***When I took the head unit out and then put it back, I had to re-save all my seat and mirror settings***. hmmm...

Old 04-27-2007, 08:29 PM

ok...so after a little research and talking to the crutchfield guys, I went and took the back cargo area out, and I have an amp. So the 2nd harness is for the amp. What do I do now? They don't make a harness for the amp. How do I bypass the amp to get my headunit to work? ...And will the tweeter components be affected?

Quick Reply: Subwoofer not working? or is it the amp?