Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Suspension/Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Default Suspension/Transmission Issues

Hello fellow Pacifica Owners!!

Over the last 3 months my 2005 Pacifica Touring has had big big problems (Thank God for 75K Extended Warranty). My car currently has 55K Miles on the odometer and I am ready to Trade It In in about a year. Until then I am stuck with it.

Now onto the problems. In the last 3 months I have had the PTU Replaced, Front Control Arms Replaced, Sway Bar Replaced, Front Struts/Mounts Replaced, Brakes/Rotors replaced, All Engine Mounts Replaced. They have put over 7K into this car in the 3 months and the issues still remain.

My suspension is still creaky as ever and I feel very unsafe in it when I have my 2 kids in it.

I am taking it back to the dealership on Tuesday for them to do a complete look because now my car has decided to spit White Smoke from the exhaust for 10 minutes every morning for the past 2 days and then it goes away.

I have uploaded some videos to youtube. Can you people please view them and listen for the creaking, crunching noises and see if anyone has had similar issues???? Sorry for the shaky, loud video at times. The noise seems to be the worst on starts and stops but is constant and never goes away.

Many thanks!

Video 1:
YouTube - ‪IMG 0029‬‏
Video 2:
YouTube - ‪IMG_0028.MOV‬‏
Video 3:
YouTube - ‪IMG_0027.MOV‬‏

Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 PM

I volunteered to fix up a relative's 2005 AWD Pacifica touring. It's had 60,000 miles of not so gentle use on potholed Massachusetts roads. There is possibly the same sort of funny suspension noises in this car, but it's 100% from the rear. It still sticks to the road like a brand-new new sports car, so we're not too concerned about the noises. Yet.

I wanted to ask about your white exhaust smoke - is it pure white and not transparent like steam? And does it use any antifreeze? Have the dealership do a check for hydrocarbons in the coolant (probably a 10 minute task). It sounds as if some gasket in the engine is leaking.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by n2epv
I volunteered to fix up a relative's 2005 AWD Pacifica touring. It's had 60,000 miles of not so gentle use on potholed Massachusetts roads. There is possibly the same sort of funny suspension noises in this car, but it's 100% from the rear. It still sticks to the road like a brand-new new sports car, so we're not too concerned about the noises. Yet.

I wanted to ask about your white exhaust smoke - is it pure white and not transparent like steam? And does it use any antifreeze? Have the dealership do a check for hydrocarbons in the coolant (probably a 10 minute task). It sounds as if some gasket in the engine is leaking.
If the noise is coming from the rear what is the source? Again I would hope the dealership would look at the rear suspension as well but they seem to focus on the front suspension.

The smoke has been pure white looking and pungent when you smell it. I have not been able to replicate the smoke it has only happened on 4 mornings since June 16th. I take it to the dealership today and they will look at it.

Again funny thing is the noise has been absent from the car since Monday. But the Serv. Mgr did ride with me on Friday and heard the noise. He thinks spindle nuts and motor mounts again.

Old 03-25-2024, 06:35 PM

We've been very happy with our 2021 Pacifica Touring L w 18" wheels. However at 44,000 miles it has developed a creaking noise when moving and turning slowly. Can also duplicate this noise a little when pressing left front down. Dealer diagnosed with needing new stutts and bearings at $2600.

Already out of warranty due mileage, and time out in April. Dissappointed but seems a common problem with this Chrysler body.