Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

TirePressure Monitor reset?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Default TirePressure Monitor reset?

Hi..I'm back again with a question with the tire pressure monitor on my 04 pac. How do I reset or reprogram the TPMS after I rotate the tires.....owners manual says to return to dealer ??? I can't believeonly the dealer can reprogram the system given the mileage between tire rotations with this vehicle (every 6k miles)...Anybody experience the same problem and/or have a solution? Thanks!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Default RE: TirePressure Monitor reset?

This is how the tire store did it after my 04 had a cut tire.

They made sure all tires (including the spare) had the correct presure.

They told me to drive for a couple of miles. I argued with them over that ;-) Finally I did drive a couple of miles and sure enough the check tire light went off and stayed off. They were right, I was silly.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi...when your cut tire was replaced were the other tires rotated before you drove a few miles?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:29 AM

No, it happened to be a brand new set of tires. Lucky since the cut tire was ruined and had to be replaced. Having tires of different ages is not good with anti-lock brakes.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

STANDARD PROCEDURE - TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR RETRAIN NOTE: Early Build vehicles have a system that is controlled through the Compass Mini Trip Computer (CMTC). Normal Build vehicles have a system that is controlled by the Sentry Remote Entry Module (SKREEM). When Diagnosing the TPM, to determine if the vehicle has an Early or Normal Build system, use the DRBIIIĀ® scan tool accessing the SKREEM to determine if it has TPM capabilities. EARLY BUILD VEHICLES WARNING: DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY CAN OCCUR IF MAGNETICALLY SENSITIVE DEVICES ARE EXPOSED TO RELEARN MAGNET. MAGNETS CAN AFFECT PACEMAKERS. CAUTION: Never attempt to train more than one vehicle at a time. System is capable of reading tire pressure sensor transmissions from other nearby vehicles. Each time a wheel rotation or tire pressure sensor replacement occurs tire pressure sensors must be retrained. This is necessary to inform Compass Mini Trip Computer (CMTC)) that a sensor change was made and where. Retraining is accomplished through instrument cluster and CMTC used in conjunction with a Re-learn Magnet, Special Tool 8821. NOTE: Use following procedure to retrain all four (4) road wheel tire pressure sensors. No attempt should be made to retrain individual sensors. [ol][*]Retrieve Re-learn Magnet, Special Tool 8821.[*]Place key in ā€œONā€ position.[*]Press MENU Button on instrument cluster until "RETRAIN TIRE SENSORS?" is displayed.[*]Press STEP button. Display will now read "TRAIN LEFT FRONT SENSOR" NOTE: There is a 60 second timer for training first sensor and a 60 second timer between training remaining sensors. If any of these timers expire, CMTC will abort training procedure. NOTE: If at any time instrument cluster display reads "TRAINING ABORTED", move vehicle ahead at least one foot and repeat entire retraining procedure.[*]Starting at left front tire, place Re-learn Magnet over valve stem (Magnet Placement Over Valve Stem). Within approximately 5 seconds, vehicle horn will chirp indicating training complete at that particular sensor. Remove magnet. NOTE: The order for retraining all four sensors is: [ul][*]Left Front[*]Right Front[*]Right Rear[*]Left Rear [/ul][*]Repeat step (5) on remaining sensors as indicated by instrument cluster until all four TPM sensors are trained.[*]Once instrument cluster displays "TRAINING COMPLETE", pressing either US/M, MENU, STEP or RESET button will exit training routine.[/ol] NORMAL BUILD VEHICLES CAUTION: If a sensor is replaced, the vehicle must be parked for a minimum of 15 minutes for the system to be ready to learn the new sensor ID code. [ol][*]Park the car for a minimum of 15 minutes.[*]Drive the vehicle for a minimum of five minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 13 mph (20 km/h). During this time the system will learn the new sensor ID code and will clear any DTC's automatically. NOTE: If a sensor cannot be trained, refer to appropriate diagnostic information.[/ol]

Old 01-22-2007, 08:38 PM

Is there any chance the early or normal system vehicles could be determined from the "build date" of the vehicle itself ? My "04 pac was built on June 20, 2003 ???

Old 01-23-2007, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

early build

Old 01-25-2007, 11:07 PM

When I bought my 04 pacifica I was told that I had that tiresensor.....but my husband rotates my tires and i have never seen that light come on....... does that mean i dont have it?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

if the tire valve stem is gray and stiff aka cant move it then u have the tire pressure system.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:33 AM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

if the tire valve stem is gray and stiff aka cant move it then u have the tire pressure system.
hmm i gotta check mines tomorrow. I'm curious if I have this feature on my 06.

Quick Reply: TirePressure Monitor reset?