Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

uconnect question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Default uconnect question

Hello eveyrone, first time posting. i have a question about the U connect. i recently bought the signature series 08 pacifica for my wife, I bought the car and then to find out there was no U connect for that model installed( i assumed that package had it.. I assumed wrong) i asked the people at the dealership and they stated that it can only be installed at the factory.. i find that hard to believe, since that options goes thru the mirror, i would like to think i could just buy one of those mirrors? since alot of items are already wired through out vehicles

please help

Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Default RE: uconnect question

ahh crap disregard this post, i just saw the other post about the same question for the 07 model.. im definitely not gonna go and install those 3 components to get U connect. kinda wierd, he paid over 500 when from the factory its only 367

Old 01-03-2008, 04:45 PM

You can buy bluetooth mirrors for around $100. I got one that has a 2 input 7" lcd screen that I hooked a rearview camera and tapped into the DVD send to the rear seat monitor so I could start my DVD audio discs with the menu. Works good.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 AM

Cunumdrum,
For what its worth and if money is no object......
I was able to identify key components in my wife's 2004 PAC for the Factory Uconnect. The blue tooth module(aka Telematics module) resides in the rear console between the 2 seats. I removed this console and found the connector for the module. The wiring for the amp to be muted when the Uconnect is on is present at the amp. The wiring for the mirror comes up to the left A-pillar and stops at 1/3 of the way up the pillar. This wiring could be tapped into if need be for the mirror. The problem is the parts for my 04 were about $800. Appox $330 for the mirror and about $500 for the module.... and you still have to make a harness.

I have since found a mirror on Ebay and I am still looking for the module on ebay and wrecking yards. It was a $275 option in 04 and I don't know if they changed anything in terms of what wires came with the car in 08. I hear the dealer installed U-connect works quite well if you can get passed the items that have to be installed.... keypad on the dash and a speaker down at your feet, and mic on the visor. There is a new dealer installed uconnect that integrates more with the radio instead of external speaker and has a smaller keypad. I am not sure if this is for the PAC though. It's used in other Chrysler products. Do a search on Blue Connect from Auto intellignece. I just installed this in my wifes PAC in the interim.It installs in the sunglass holderof the overhead console. These people make the system for Chrysler. It works quite well and is very clear w/ our LG phones.

Ramon

Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Just installed the factory style Uconnect in my 07 limited, got the mirror and module from the junkyard and made a jumper harness from the a-pillar connector to the mirror, all the rest of the wiring was there, its pretty sweet! and I spent under $200

Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 PM

Wish I could find a wrecked one at a junk yard near me. I have not had any luck. Been looking online for over a year. Just found the mirror online. Now I need the module. Did you buy pins to put in the factory harness in the a pillar or did you pull the mirror wires out of the connector and splice from there?

Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 10:56 PM

Tried to get a replacement connector at work, they are only available with the headliner. At that point the vehicle I got the parts from was long gone so I spliced them in on the body side of the
connector have you tried car-parts.com??? Sometimes if you call the yards in the US, say one selling the uconnect mirror they will still have the vehicle and can get the module out of it for you, also make sure to get the connectors.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:19 AM

Thanks , I'll check car-parts.com. I have singed up on a few parts locaters across the US but I never hear anything.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:45 PM

I just called a place today the guy still has the vehicle in his yard that has uconnect, he is gonna check to see if the module is still in it and if so i am gonna pick it up. He is also gonna get the a-pillar connector. If he has it and you want it let me know, I will give it to you for the same price with shipping. He said $50. I'll let you know what happens

Dave

Old 02-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Dave,
that would be awesome but I have an 04. They have a few part#'s over the years
5091004AB 2004
AG 2005
AL 2004-2006
Maybe you can find out which year it is from or even the P/N. I would hope that any of them work.
Thanks
Ramon

Quick Reply: uconnect question