Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

We will all be driving a classic soon

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Default We will all be driving a classic soon

Seen news today that CERBERUS INTL, will; be discontinuing the Pacifica. In addition, the Pt Cruiser Convertible. This will happen during 2008.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Default RE: We will all be driving a classic soon

Both semi-German cars (Pacifica and Crossfire).

I wonder if they will even have a North American factory left..... Pacifica's were made in Canada. I heard the other factories were in the USA. Maybe it will be a Mexican brand after this corporate raider move.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 PM

I found out on thursday that the magnum, pt rag top and crossfire are been discontinue for 2008.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:04 PM

If you go to the "allpar.com" web site you can see the new Dodge Journey, which is smaller than the Pacifica, but fills the bill for the empty slot of the Pacifica. It is being built now at the Toluca, Mexico plant. The Journey will be out in the first quarter of 08, but be considered as a 09. The PT Crusier is due for a change and 09 is the last year as the PT as we know it today.
I have been by the Toluca Mexico plant several times. The people working threr get a very small wage, I have heard as little as $ 1.00 an hour, I can not say this for sure, but it si considerable less than North Ameerican workers get paid that's for sure.
So the Dodge Maginum, Chrysler PT rag top. the Chrysler Crossfire, and Chrysler Pacifica are being discontinued in 08, just when in 08 I have not heard.
Just as a wild guess I wiuld say that the Jeep Compass, Jeep Commander, are a real front runner for the axe next. If Gasoline gets to $4.00 and above I would look for changes in the "HEMI" engine vehicles to slow way down in production.
Unless Chrysler LLC. makes some real improvements in the quality of the plastic interiors of the vehicles there is no way to get back to large production numbers. A typical example is the Jeep's Patroit and Compass, really poor quality, sharp edges in the fit and finish inside, just hard cheap looking plastic. However the Pacifica's interior is quality all the way...... maybe Chrysler just might think about using that kind of quality materials.

That's my opinion anyway...

farout

Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

Car companies are prone to over-corrections.

One possible scenario:

1. They introduce the Pacifica with an excellent interior - and a price to match

2. The Pacifica fails to sell well until prices and standard features are cut

3. Chrysler decides that high quality interiors don't sell cars, and that low prices do ==> new designs get ultra-cheap interiors