Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Wheel Weights Coming Off

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Default Wheel Weights Coming Off

I recently took my Pacifica to have the tires rotated so I asked them to balance them also. I left the tire shop and within a half mile a wheel slung a weight off. I returned and they said it just wasn't on good and balanced it again. A couple days later another one came off! I took it to another tire shop and they informed me that Dodge/Chrysler uses specially shaped wheel weights. They conform to the wheel. After taking a closer look the weights the first shop put on look like fishing sinkers compared to the correct conformed ones. Just FYI before you get your wheels balanced ask them if they have the correct weights! This lesson cost me $40 at two different shops! The weights themselves don't cost anymore than regular ones but with the cost of lead going up some shops may not stock the brand specific weights.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Default RE: Wheel Weights Coming Off

i get my balancing and rotation done by Sears and never had that issue and they give you life of the tire balancing and rotation warranty even though you did not purchase the tires from them.they are pretty qucik as well also you can go back to where your vehicle is to watch what actually they are doing.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Default RE: Wheel Weights Coming Off

Chrysler uses about 3 different types of wheel weights. Most are the new style like the Pac takes,but some alloys still use the old alloy type of weight and old steel wheel wheel weights.