Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Default Wind Noise

Hello to all. This is my first post and have found this site very informative, but I can't find anyone with the same problem...after searching.

I have an 07 Awd Touring Edition w/sunroof. Just recently at speeds over 60 on windy days there is a high pitched whistle coming from the dash or near the windshield. If i open a window or the sunroof the noise is still there. I have also tried the recirculate button on the climate control, but nothing works. The bad thing is it can give you one heck of a headache listening to it when driving any length on the interstate. On a calm day at 70 no noise????

Has anyone had this kind of problem and been able to fix it? Or is this one of those dealer hunt and search problems.

thanks for looking
mark

Old 04-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Default RE: Wind Noise

Do you have the roof rails on your Pacifica ?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 AM

No, I don't have roof racks.

thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 PM

There are a lot of ways air can leak, and I would suggest you take it to the dealer. Maybe as simple as a screw hole that didn't get used or pluged. Don't spend your time let the dealer do it, thats what the warranty is for[sm=badidea.gif] The dealer can use a leak ditector. Our 2005 Jeep Liberty had a air leak in the windshield, and had to be resealed. The dealer used the air hose and some sorta of smoke like stuff to find it.[sm=interesting.gif]Hope this helps.[sm=trust_me.gif]

[sm=patriot.gif] farout

Old 04-15-2008, 08:34 PM
moe

i had a toyota truck that had the same noise in the dash,never found it,traded it on toyota convertable.wife is happy now!!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:56 AM

bump

Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM

Was able to get the pacifica to the dealer to get checked out. After a test drive and compressed air from the shop they narrowed it down the the windshield seal. Which is not a warranty item and will be repaired by an outside vendor.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 PM

This may sound rediculas, but are all the windows up? I had an ear piercing wind noise in my Ram, couldn't stand it, period. Turns out, one of the kids got out and slightly tapped the window button enough to crack the window open without being visably noticeable. Was a simple fix, but a pain to find.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Finally, noise is gone!

Took the Pacifica to a glass shop and they were going to reseal the windshield. They recognized that the windshield was a replacement, and it was not a Chrysler glass. Upon removal it broke so they had to replace, and they did with a Chy. windshield.

NO MORE HIGH PITCHED WHISTLE

The best part of all, called the insurance company and it was free.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: redbeards1200r

Was able to get the pacifica to the dealer to get checked out. After a test drive and compressed air from the shop they narrowed it down the the windshield seal. Which is not a warranty item and will be repaired by an outside vendor.
I thought bumper to bumper meant bumper to bumper, and if it wan't the original, did you have it replaced in the first year?
I would think a windshield seal would be the same as a door seal leaking water, which should be a warranty item. I can understand the windshield itself not being warranted if you take a rock in it & it cracks.

Quick Reply: Wind Noise