Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

2002 PT limited

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Question 2002 PT limited

Hi there everyone. I just recently bought a 2002 pt cuiser limited. I have been doing a lot research on looking for proformance parts but have only found limited stuff. I have uped my plugs to Bosch iranium with msd coil and wires. Plus got a k&n air intake and will soon be putting on a proformance exhaust system here soon. But what I'm wondering and neexing help with is proformance header set up. I haven't been able to find any out of the box headers that say will work for my car. I have been looking at proformance headers for the str 4 noen since that car also has a 2.4lt sfi dohc motor. SO HOW CLOSE ARE THESE MOTORS? Outside of there difference of one being turbo and mine not being turbo. Would use any info on this from dodge/Chrysler techs with experience with both cars.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Your wasting time and money on something that will not happen. The bosh plugs wont do any good same for wires and your coil. And why u say. The computer will simply put everything back to where it wants it

Old 03-11-2014, 09:09 AM

Well the Bosch plugs and the msd wires and coil have made a big difference in my car so far. When I got my car with its stock engine set up. I was only getting about 100hp at 5000rpm. Now I'm getting 160hp at 5000rpm and that is the data I was reviewing from the car using a blue tooth obd2 connector and the obd2 check by torque app on my phone.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 AM

What I'm trying to find out here is to see if the 2.4l sfi dohc turbo cylinder head on a 03-05 neon srt4. The same on my 2.4l sfi dohc none turbo cylinder head. I'm finding part numbers that match when looking through different auto part providers but also finding some that are listed under the neon but not the pt cruiser. So I'm trying to do all my research I can when it comes to this because if they are the same. I have found aftermarket proformance cylinder heads I plan on using down the road.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

60 HP from plugs and wires? Im gonna call BS with that

Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 AM

This is a list of everything I had in the car when I got the 160hp reading.

K&N performance air intake kit & filter
K&N performance oil filter with 10/30 royal purple full synthetic oil
Bosch iridium preformance spark plugs
MSD performance wires and super coil

91 octane gas with a bottles of:
1 bottle of gum out injector cleaner
1 bottle of gum out gas treatment
1 bottle of 108 octane bost

Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

lets see if I remember right base non turbo PT cruiser is 150 hp out of the box.
So that would sound better u gain 10 hp maybe with all you add ones and the gain to the HP and cost factor is minimal.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 PM

Well if my car is supposed to have 150hp at a base level out of the box. How come my I was only getting 133hp with just a high flow air kit? I live in the phx, az area. The max hp reading I was getting was 133hp at 5000rpm.This was before I put in the plugs, wires, and coil. I don't understand why such a big difference in stock engine hp. Please explain because something isn't adding between the reading I got and what your telling me. It makes no sense.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Just what I was saying. Your using a programmed software to measure something that is not actuate. A real way is to use a dyno. Go look up on the internet what your stock PT will have. And 10 HP for al the items U added yeah sounds about right. Sorry my man U can not beat physics in this matter.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Uhm... news flash! I'm not trying to beat physics. I'm trying to find out if the CYLDER HEADERS ON A 03-05 STR4 DODGE NEON 2.4L SFI DOHC ARE THE SAME CYLDER HEADERS AS ON MY 02 PT CRUISER 2.4L SFI DOHC?????? OR DID YOU NOT SEEM TO GET THAT?????

Quick Reply: 2002 PT limited