Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

After-market Extended Warranty, info ??

Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Default After-market Extended Warranty, info ??

Looking for some advice on after market extended warranties ??
Purchased an '01 PT LE, automatic, with 73K looking to purchase an extended power-train warranty for this car, at least for the next year...
Any suggestions or advice would be helpful.

What companies offer the above ?

If you have first hand experience please lets hear it.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:01 AM
ace
Default RE: After-market Extended Warranty, info ??

some dealers offer a warranty but most of the timeit needs to get inspected
be very wary of any company that does not require one as well if they dont it says to me i dont care what condition your car is in we aint covering it

happy hunting

Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM

try doing some research at http://www.warrantiesgonewild.com

Old 12-06-2008, 01:01 AM

hi mate ,

you should google it. Google best auto parts on goog.ca i hope it helps u

Old 12-06-2008, 01:07 AM

I would suggest getting a chrylser service contract. That way it goes to a dealership and gets fixed by factory techs. They are also one of the better extended warnties that I have had to deal with. Most of the time you will have to pay for diag on any problem and then it will be checked to see if it is covered. Side note if you do get one be sure to list all the problems that you are having with the car at that time. If you don't and you have a deductible the warranty company will say that is a seprate visit and you will have to pay two deductibles. If its all under one visit you just pay the one deductible. Watch the wording too. If you buy a contract you may run across the phrase selling dealer. If you see that that means that the work has to be done by the place that sold it to you. no one else.

good luck.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM

Keep in mind that the companies selling these things are in it to make money. They are betting that on average, they will collect more from you than they will have to pay out in repairs. If you think they are dumb, make the bet. If you think they are not so dumb, take the money, stick it in the bank and draw on it to make the repairs.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.