Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

bad luck on my 2008 pt cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Default bad luck on my 2008 pt cruiser

1.battery light is always on and off for serveral times, and finally power off.

I went to the dealer shop, they told me there is an after market product above the battery.

2. tire pressure light is alwasy on and gone the same as the battery, and eventually got tire flat.

is this a new car?

Old 03-15-2009, 08:12 PM

When warning lights come on in your car, the car is trying to tell you something. The idea is to pay attention to the warning light, then check or have a knowledgeable person check the system related to the warning light to find out what is causing the problem and hopefully fix it before it gets worse or strands you somewhere.

"2. tire pressure light is alwasy on and gone the same as the battery, and eventually got tire flat." That tells me you chose to ignore the tire pressure light until the tire went flat.

"1.battery light is always on and off for serveral times, and finally power off." That tells me you chose to ignore the battery light until the battery went flat.

My sister chose to ignore the oil pressure light in her Mustang until the engine went flat.

These are not good choices.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by kim117
1.battery light is always on and off for serveral times, and finally power off.

I went to the dealer shop, they told me there is an after market product above the battery.

2. tire pressure light is alwasy on and gone the same as the battery, and eventually got tire flat.

is this a new car?
did you buy this car from a Chrysler dealer

Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by xfire04
did you buy this car from a Chrysler dealer
yes,
but dont worry, that one is closed forever.

the one in city of industry.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
When warning lights come on in your car, the car is trying to tell you something. The idea is to pay attention to the warning light, then check or have a knowledgeable person check the system related to the warning light to find out what is causing the problem and hopefully fix it before it gets worse or strands you somewhere.

"2. tire pressure light is alwasy on and gone the same as the battery, and eventually got tire flat." That tells me you chose to ignore the tire pressure light until the tire went flat.

"1.battery light is always on and off for serveral times, and finally power off." That tells me you chose to ignore the battery light until the battery went flat.

My sister chose to ignore the oil pressure light in her Mustang until the engine went flat.

These are not good choices.

thank you for replying.

I didnt igore.

when I went to the dealer shop for the tire pressure problem, one guy just checked the air of the tire, that's all, did nothing. until I got flat tire.

battery light is on then I went to the dealer shop, they told me there is an after market product, I have to pay 290 something to remove that?!

why?!
I paid for this brand new car and I swear to god i didnt do anything after i got it.

is this a new car?

no wonder even the dearlers from the chrysler dealer shop drive only japnese cars.

ironic!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

if it had aftermarket stuff on it then its not new it would a used car no matter how old or new it is.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
if it had aftermarket stuff on it then its not new it would a used car no matter how old or new it is.

so i am totally fooled??

i called chrysler, but they said they are not responsible for this aftermarket, then what should i do?

thank you...

Old 03-16-2009, 03:18 PM

Talk to the guy that sold it to you? but if the dealer is now gone can't see you have much option but to pay and hope it fixes it. What is the after market unit fitted to it?

Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin
Talk to the guy that sold it to you? but if the dealer is now gone can't see you have much option but to pay and hope it fixes it. What is the after market unit fitted to it?
haha,yes, the shop is closed forever.

that aftermarket product above the battery is used for restart the car when the car's battery is dead.

the other day, my battery light was on and i was on my way to the shop. just few minuites later, totally dead. I remeber the dealer told my I have this benefit that I dont need somebody else come and jumpstart. I can only press the button, then it was really restarted.

BUT, the connection between the product and battery has problem, and always gives computer wrong signal and code. anyways, I have already paid for 93 bucks to remove that. better than the one in glendale, they ask me about 300 dallors to fix this. MONEY HUNGER!

today, my tire pressure light is on again.
dealer said the sensor has problem.

I am wondering what else problem is next and waiting for me?
haha

thank you all.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM

best of luck to you kim117 on all your problems Chrysler should help you seeing the dealer you bought it from closed

Quick Reply: bad luck on my 2008 pt cruiser