Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"New" Chrysler voyager owner, old car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Default "New" Chrysler voyager owner, old car...

I bought a '89 mod Chrysler voyager yesterday, with a 3,3 liter EFI V6 engine. The car had 230 000 (Kilometers) on the trip meter and "hunts" alittle when idle, but that I can fix with new spark plugs, spark wires and a new carborator, right? And how good are the auto tranny on this cars? I will change oil and filter (?) on it coz theoil was slightly brown/orange in color, but smelled good, not burned or anything. (I have a Ford Econoline with a E4OD tranny and "know" auto trannys and how to fix them, but wanna know ups and downs on this cars tranny as well, so I know where to start and what to start with.....)

Is there other things I shall look for? Any "rusty" placea on this type of cars? Any mecanical problem I should be aware of?

Thanks.

(In norway chrysler have a VERY bad rep, I dunno why, coz all the people I know who has a chrysler is very satisfied with it... Anyhow, bcoz of this the used cars is VERY cheap and I know that spare parts on this cars isn't that high, so I got myself a Chrysler... he he. )

Old 03-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Default RE: "New" Chrysler voyager owner, old car...

"hunts" a little when idle, but that I can fix with new spark plugs, spark wires and a new carborator, right?

NO!Your carhas fuel injection... no carburetor. Renewing the plugs and leads will not do anything, hunting can be several things from a weak mixture, air leak, base idle incorrectly set, ECU or electronics glitch... the list goes on. My advice is spend your money at a small reputable garage who will fix it correctly and not just change parts to see if it works.
Enjoy your Chrysler.
Cheers Mark

Old 03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Default RE: "New" Chrysler voyager owner, old car...

Yes, this is an OLD car and it is not ANY good garage around.... This is Norway, not the states and good garages for US cars is zip-nada-none. (In this country they all love cars so small thattha cars don't even have headlights, the cars to small to go out when its dark anyhow....) Really. So I have to do this alone.... Sorry. But I'll check for leaks, lean mix and etc etc.... AND change spark plugs og wires, cos they sure look old. I can check grounding too.
I enjoy my chrysler, ohh yeah! I just feed it with all those little cars...