Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

'01 Voyager-Location of Cabin Filter, and How to Replace?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Default '01 Voyager-Location of Cabin Filter, and How to Replace?

I have a 2001 Voyager, and wondering if anyone knows where the "Cabin Filter" is located? Also, how do you replace it? Thanks!

Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 AM
ace
Default RE: '01 Voyager-Location of Cabin Filter, and How to Replace?

under dash usually rt side small maybe about an inch or 2 in width lenght about 1 foot
never changed it myself but ihave sold pats for it lol

Old 07-24-2005, 12:48 AM

There is a long rectangular cover on the passenger side under the glove box. There are slides on the cover that allow you to remove the cover. The filter is a long, rectangular unit that slides up into the filter box. The filter has a crease mid-way that allows the filter to bend so you can get it out of the holder. The bend is necessary because the filter hits the bend in the toe-board and won't be able to come out without bending. Installation is the reverse. I bought my replacement at AutoZone, and the filter came with instructions that also identify the direction of airflow and the orientation of the new filter. Just don't get too worried over the bending of the filter, and all will go well. I replaced mine about 2 months ago ('01 T&C).

Good luck!

Old 07-24-2005, 02:48 PM

how much did the filter cost? mine looks okay but would like to change it anyway...

Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 PM

how much and where did u get the cabin filter? thanks

Old 08-05-2005, 10:50 PM

Thanks for the info! As an update, I opened the cabin air filter access panel, only to discover I had "no" cabin air filter! I remember last taking my Voyager to a local Jiffy Lube some 12k miles ago, and the service tech recommended I change the cabin filter. I use the term service tech very loosely here. I'm assuming he removed the filter and never put it back! I also discovered the somewhat flimsy filter frame broken at the bottom.

This is one of the annoying aspects of Jiffy Lube. I just want them to change my oil/filter and "not" touch anything else. I also never really trusted these quick oil change shops to "top" of fluids with what is recommended by Chrysler. I doubt they use ATF 4 trans. fluid (ever try finding this fluid at anywhere else than Chrysler?)

Since then, I only change my own oil/filter and use only Mobil 1 and it's still cheaper than Jiffy Lube's basic service.

The cabin filter is a little tricky to get into its compartment. As noted above, there is a "crease" midway. I, of course, didn't know this and thought I had managed to tear the filter but this was not the case. Great having a new cabin filter, after not having any for the past year!

For those looking for the cabin filter, I paid $17.92 for a Bosch filter at drivewire.com. They apparently go by several auto parts names but were very prompt, and their price was hard to beat. Also, bought new Bosch iginition wires very cheap.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Do Yourself a serious favor and replace the cabin air filter!!!

I bought a 2002 Town and Country USED from a local dealer. It was long obvious that the previous owner had some sort of wire haired dog because of the gobs of it I found stuck in corners.

Now that I've owned the vehicle for 2 years it struck me that I should figure out where the mysterious cabin filter was and replace it. It was EXTREAMLY EASY to find the filter location as it is a simple slide bar under the glovebox and you pull down the old filter.

What I found in the filter: [X(]
What I discovered in the filter chamber was disturbing on many levels.[:'(] The filter was disintegrating and was plugged up with some of the nastiest dust, goop, dog hair and shredded tree debris.[:'(]It further makes me questions if this car was in a flood or was a rebuild. (there are signs of strange rust INTERNAL to the cabin of the van).

The dealership that I use is very lack luster about my concept of checking over a vehicle so I'm not suprised that they never looked in the filter box. as it is thier 120 point inspection missed broken seat motors and lights that were out before I even bought the car (but the inspection sheet said these items were inspected and in an operating state.) This yet another recommendation for everyone to follow. If they say 120 point inspection, ask for the inspection sheets that the tech completed and check as many of them yourself as possible before buying anything.

G