Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

'02 Voyager keeps stalling...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Default '02 Voyager keeps stalling...

Thanks to the moderator-mechanic I solved the main problem with my Voyager last time: It was the melted 10 wire cable/harness. I also replaced "plugs & wires", coil and cam sensor. Injectors are good and "in range". All "codes" disappeared except the one telling me the battery was previously disconnected.
I started the car and got a lot of gray/blue smoke at first (it was night) but then it cleared up and ran for a half an hour until I engaged in "D" and the engine stopped immediately. I started again and ran but after engaged in "D" again it stopped again.
I took the plugs out and they were coated with "black soots". I cleaned the plugs and it still does the same: keep stalling.
Question: Is it the bad (poluted) fuel or Cat or ?!?! Any thoughts?

Old 10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Did u reset the computer after the repairs were complected?

Old 10-08-2011, 09:23 PM

You may not be able to save the plugs. Throttle body is probably gummed up too.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Did u reset the computer after the repairs were complected?
I didn't think I have to reset the computer; all the "problem codes" have disappeared after fixing the harness except the one telling me that battery was disconnected previously(and it was).

Old 10-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

the battery code is in just about every car known to mad. IF the car was running bad with the wire issue and or sensor prob the computer has learned to drive with that issue so now its fixed the computer is still trying to run it with the bad stuff until it can be relearned the correct way to run or rest it back to factory and just came off the assembly line.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:22 PM

the battery code is in just about every car known to mad. IF the car was running bad with the wire issue and or sensor prob the computer has learned to drive with that issue so now its fixed the computer is still trying to run it with the bad stuff until it can be relearned the correct way to run or rest it back to factory and just came off the assembly line.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
O.K., major vacuum hose was disconnected and it's not CC -thank God!
Now car runs again but rough on 5 cyl. - no fuel reaches #5 cylinder. My mechanic erased the code but P0205 re-appeared. I am sure injector is good because I replaced #5 once and then I re-shuffled them all again. So, is it the wiring or a computer? Can a defective computer cause injector not to work? How can I find out if power reaches #5 injector or is there a short or "open" someplace?
Thanks!!!!!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

u need a volt meter to check for the power and ground or a noid light or test light

Old 10-16-2011, 03:47 AM

Can anyone help me, I just bought an 06 grand voyager stow and go, where do i store the spare wheel for this vehicle? I cannot seem to find the space? Thanks

Old 10-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

rear your owners manual

Old 10-16-2011, 12:56 PM

u need a volt meter to check for the power and ground or a noid light or test light
How do I check if #5 is getting a "pulse"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
When I reconnect the battery the car starts and run once (on 5 cyl) but the next time it won't. It gives me P0205 (5th cylinder) and P0108 (MAP Sensor). I assume the ECU collects the data and won't allow start next time. Maybe ECU is bad?!
Since we have a 215k on it already I think I should get the rebuilt ECU (on eBay for $179 from Florida) and get a new after-market wire harness (any recommendation?). Chrysler dealer wants $279 for the harness and that's too much. I can spend only $200-$300 more and that's it.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: '02 Voyager keeps stalling...