Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

04 Town & Country limited, dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Dear i just would like to ask if you have fix your illumination I have 2005 with same problem no illumination on AC control and heated seat hazrd light and etc
please help

Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Default Here's the solution

This is an old post but who knows... somebody may be trying to solve the A/C Control Panel lighting problem. Go to Radio Shack and buy the 12v 50ma http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104023

Unsolder the burned out bulbs and solder in the new bulbs. Works great and if you replace all the bulbs it costs $10 rather than $500.

FYI - They are incandescent and NOT LEDs. The polarity of the bulb does not matter.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Default bulb replace

Dear thanks for your post but I just would like to say that I have removed one of the bulb and tested with 12v is working that is mean the problem is not with bulbs because all bulb would not die in same time there should be other issue
please help if you can
thanks
Originally Posted by PositiveMojo
This is an old post but who knows... somebody may be trying to solve the A/C Control Panel lighting problem. Go to Radio Shack and buy the 12v 50ma 12V/50mA Incandescent Bulb - RadioShack.com

Unsolder the burned out bulbs and solder in the new bulbs. Works great and if you replace all the bulbs it costs $10 rather than $500.

FYI - They are incandescent and NOT LEDs. The polarity of the bulb does not matter.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by barwaryzaid
Dear thanks for your post but I just would like to say that I have removed one of the bulb and tested with 12v is working that is mean the problem is not with bulbs because all bulb would not die in same time there should be other issue
please help if you can
thanks
All of my bulbs were burned out. But you can troubleshoot is easy enough. Remove the bulb and check with an ohm-meter. If it there is no reading the bulb is dead. A visual check of the bulb doesn't work well since the filament is so small it is almost impossible to see.

You can also open the case and expose the back of the board, then plug the assembly into the connectors and start the car. Be careful not to short out anything. Then using a D.C. voltage meter, touch the negative lead to the circuit board where the black wire is coming in and the positive lead to the circuit board where the bulb is connected. You'll have to try both sides of the bulb because only one will show a reading. You should get 12 volts. If you don't get 12 volts, then your circuit board is dead. Try reseating the white connector going into the board.

Also - if you're not familiar with electronics, find a friend who is and buy them lunch for helping out. This task requires a bit of skill and knowledge of test equipment and circuit boards.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Thanks for help I opened the control panal of heatseat switchs and checked if there is power there were not any + I took a wire from battrey and conected to + side of bulb and the illumation all opend on that panal but still no illumination on AC control. on my navigation and cd changer illumination work fine but on ac control does not work I try alot to find out which wire is for illumination to ac control I could not find that if I do it will be easy then I can take one wire from cd changer to ac control for illumination ..I will try to take it to chrysler dealer and see from there.... will update you if any thing come up

Originally Posted by PositiveMojo
All of my bulbs were burned out. But you can troubleshoot is easy enough. Remove the bulb and check with an ohm-meter. If it there is no reading the bulb is dead. A visual check of the bulb doesn't work well since the filament is so small it is almost impossible to see.

You can also open the case and expose the back of the board, then plug the assembly into the connectors and start the car. Be careful not to short out anything. Then using a D.C. voltage meter, touch the negative lead to the circuit board where the black wire is coming in and the positive lead to the circuit board where the bulb is connected. You'll have to try both sides of the bulb because only one will show a reading. You should get 12 volts. If you don't get 12 volts, then your circuit board is dead. Try reseating the white connector going into the board.

Also - if you're not familiar with electronics, find a friend who is and buy them lunch for helping out. This task requires a bit of skill and knowledge of test equipment and circuit boards.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by barwaryzaid
Thanks for help I opened the control panal of heatseat switchs and checked if there is power there were not any + I took a wire from battrey and conected to + side of bulb and the illumation all opend on that panal but still no illumination on AC control. on my navigation and cd changer illumination work fine but on ac control does not work I try alot to find out which wire is for illumination to ac control I could not find that if I do it will be easy then I can take one wire from cd changer to ac control for illumination ..I will try to take it to chrysler dealer and see from there.... will update you if any thing come up
basically you have four options, buy it new, Buy it used, (not recommended),
replace the bulbs, (I did) or just live with it. Replacing the bulbs was easy (for me) get the proper tools, low wattage pencil-tip soldering iron, thin solder, and a little know-how and common sense, it's worth it. good luck

Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Hi I have a 2005 Town and Country and the lights behind the switches in the over-head console are out. Anyone have a idea how to get to them and replace? Thanks for any help, Dave

Old 05-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Default Replay to Our 05van

Yes - I give complete instructions including what bulb to buy. Just read my PositiveMojo post. Works great but requires a little skill. Be careful when you disassemble as the button seats will fall out - just carefully put them back in when reassembling. Will cost you about $10 to fix.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Default Followup to Our 05van

Just in case you didn't find the previous post:

Go to Radio Shack and buy the 12v 50ma http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104023

Unsolder the burned out bulbs and solder in the new bulbs. Use a low wattage soldering iron and thin solder - don't overheat the circuit board. If you don't know how to solder find a friend that does. It takes minutes to remove and replace the bulbs if you know what you're doing. I did the entire job in about 45 minutes - including dismantling and reassembling the console panel.

They are incandescent bulbs and NOT LEDs. The polarity of the bulb does not matter.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:25 PM

I have an '07 T&C and my climate control backlights were starting to burn out. I have the manual style temp. comtrols - 2 sliders for driver & pass. temps, and 3 ***** below them. No digital display. Yes, they are four little light bulbs, not LEDs. Here's how to replace them:

First you have to remove the center dash panel. Start by pulling the temp. control ***** off - it's easier when it's on the car. Remove the temperature slider grips (they just pull straight off) and then the three control *****, by rotating them fully counterclockwise and then pulling them off. Don't try to pull them off without rotating them clockwise first - they're locked on in any other position.
1) Remove ashtray/cupholder by reaching into the top center and pressing a little raised tab while pulling the tray out.
2) Just above the tray there's a piece of plastic trim about 7" wide by 1/2" high. Pull it straight out. Be firm.
3) Under the trim you just removed there are 2 black phillips head screws that hold the cupholder mount and the bottom of the dash panel. They're the inner pair - you don't have to remove the outer pair. Remove these screws.
4) Get your fingers under the bottom of the center dash assembly, where you pulled the screws from, and pull out firmly - a little yank will do it. The whole panel is held in by 4 pressure tabs, and should at least start to come out. Don't pry at the sides with a tool - it'll leave ugly scars.
5) Remove the air bag light connector, and the three multi-pin connectors leading to the rear of the climate control assembly. The red tab locks need to be pushed up, which allows you to press on the little push tabs on the connector while pulling the connectors off. This took me some attempts and frustration - the red tabs are pretty tight.
6) You should now have the entire faceplate in your hands, free of wires. Place it on its face, somewhere soft. Make sure you do the following process when the unit is on its face - don't turn it face up when you're taking the thing apart or you can lose some of the little plastic bits inside the c.c. assembly. You don't have to remove the six screws that hold the entire assembly onto the faceplate - you can take it apart when it's still mounted. There are 4 torx head screws holding the climate control assembly together. Remove them, then carefully extract the guts of the clim. cont. assembly from it's housing by pulling it straight up. Make a note of the little plastic parts onside the assembly - if they're disturbed they have to go back in the same place. The four bulbs are in pastic housings on the circuit board (one's under another small circuit board which can easily be popped off). They twist off from the back, 1/4 turn counter-clockwise, and pull out. My Chrysler dealer didn't have the exact part, but after some digging he gave me a bulb assembly #1-05019519AA, which consists of the bulb, encased in its little blue vinyl cover, mounted in the twist-off mount. Each one cost me around 3 bucks. These bulbs are not quite as long as the originals, but they work fine. I believe one could also replace the original lamps with a miniature lamp #2182, but I haven't tried it. They're the same length but fatter than the originals, so I don't know it they'd fit the holes.

Good luck - it's easy when you know how.

Quick Reply: 04 Town & Country limited, dash lights