Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

07 T/C, Wipers start themselves and A/C stops itself

Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Default 07 T/C, Wipers start themselves and A/C stops itself

I'm having some strange electrical issues in my 2007 Town and Country. After some troubleshooting I think they may be related, but I'm hoping for a second opinion.

1. After having the A/C serviced for a recall issue, it stops blowing cold air sometimes. The compressor kicks on and blows very cold right at first, but after driving a while (it varies how long), the compressor turns off and the air blows warm. The dealership though the A/C high pressure sensor was bad, but I replaced it and that didn't help. Haven't used it much but now that temps are warming up it's getting annoying.

2. A few months after the A/C problem started, our wipers went crazy. While driving, the wipers turn themselves on. It doesn't happen right away when the car is started. They just turn on randomly as we drive down the road. They won't turn off, even when the car is off and the key is removed. The only way to stop them is to remove the fuse. Once they start, we can change the speed with the wiper switch, but they don't turn off. After researching, I replaced the wiper motor in case the stop sensor was bad, but that didn't help.

I've read online maybe the Body Control Module could be the culprit, as both problems are apparently electrical. Any thoughts?
Thanks for any feedback,
Matt

Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM

What recall for the A/C ?

Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM

The recall had something to do with the rear ac unit leaking. They replaced a line or something and recharged it.