Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

09 town and country traction control light

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Default 09 town and country traction control light

hi, i've been having trouble with my 09 town and country lately. after just starting the car it will behave normally until about a mile or two down the road when the traction control light will inexplicably come on. i'm usually leaving my house and we've had no adverse weather and i'm driving a straight slightly hilly road. only once has it happened leaving a place of business. this usually occurs when started from the key. I haven't noticed it happening from the remote start. the problem is intermittent and not related to temp. we've recently replaced the battery but the problem was present prior to that and seems to have only gotten worse in the last month. i'm not able to steer off the road (i'm guessing the TC is cutting power to the wheels) so usually brake and turn the car off then back on, when it functions normally. recently when i've started restarting the car from one of these episodes the starter seems to lag making me wonder if it's a problem with the alternator starting to go bad. once i tried to continue driving to see if it would eventually go out. the entire car just stopped (alternator?) my husband can do some basic car repair but the van isn't giving any error codes. and naturally this intermitten problem happens only when i drive. i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or has some advice.