Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.8 crd auto tranny fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 03:17 AM
Default 2.8 crd auto tranny fluid change

Good morning to all, sorry if I missed it, I canīt find a suitable answer
I need to change my tranny fluid soon - but -- I can find a dipstick or any entrance, how to put new oil into the gearbox and check for correct level..
May I ask you for help or pictures, where is the filling point?
Thank you

Old 01-20-2017, 04:49 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning to do a fluid change on mine, but when the weather gets warmer. To drain (since no drain plug) you need to suck out as much as you can through the dipstick.
The dipstick on mine (2005 2.8CRD UK) is to the top right when you look in the engine bay, look to where the battery is and at the top left you should see it, about half way down and with a yellow cap (hopefully).

That's the drain, fill and check point. To fully drain you also need to drop the pan and in doing so better to do the seal and clean it up whilst you're at it.

Hope that helps, if not I can grab a photo to point you in the right direction.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by andyb2000
Hi there,

I'm planning to do a fluid change on mine, but when the weather gets warmer. To drain (since no drain plug) you need to suck out as much as you can through the dipstick.
The dipstick on mine (2005 2.8CRD UK) is to the top right when you look in the engine bay, look to where the battery is and at the top left you should see it, about half way down and with a yellow cap (hopefully).

That's the drain, fill and check point. To fully drain you also need to drop the pan and in doing so better to do the seal and clean it up whilst you're at it.

Hope that helps, if not I can grab a photo to point you in the right direction.
You will only ever get about 60% of the old fluid out that way but it's still worth doing. I used an old Sealy hand trigger brake fluid 'helper' and it worked well. I expressed it into an old 1 gallon plaggie jug and replaced like with like quantity.

REM to cycle through P R and each of the drive gears with the engine running to move & amalgamate the new with old fluid, check level again then take it for a 20 minute run to get to temp and check again. Check again 1st thing in the morrow. Job done. BTW (1) if I do it next time I'll use a mini 12v pump from an Erberspatcher / Webasto and (2) it took hours to get the end of the tube straight enough not to just default into its memorised 4" coil before I stuffed it down the dipstick. YouTube for a how-to.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:09 AM

yea, thank you guys, i ve done several tranny changes on older voaygers, but that was easy job, so as on my jeep, this car i own 24hours, so excuse me for a little bit silly questions..
I ll do it next week, now we have -17 here and at my garage is only +1