Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.8 crd uk

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Default 2.8 crd uk

2.8 CRD 2005 grand voyager stow & go 227,000 miles, self maintained.

In the UK south east and its been raining heavily again.....

So I have a problem with my radio again, happens once maybe twice a year. Usually after heavy rain?

Last time I couldn't turn it off unless I took the key out of the ignition all you could hear was lots of static. This time it sounds like a machine gun going off for about 5 seconds and then goes dead.

I feel sure its to do with the fold out fuse box/relays area next to the battery, but would appreciate your ideas.

many thanks

Old 12-28-2014, 06:02 AM

Would be nice to know where the Ariel was. Possibly the rear heated window. Are you getting any water leaks around back door area..

Old 12-28-2014, 06:12 AM

Hi Goggs

The ariel is embedded in the rear right opening window, the press stud connector does come off from time to time, but then you just get a poor reception.

Tried it this morning, radio comes on normally (no machine gun type sounds) and then cuts out after about 5 seconds, radio is still illuminated with the station/clock, but no sound.

I think the car is drying out and in the past the problem fixes itself.....but you know its going to come back! I think it must be water/damp in the relays/fuse area (IPM?) never actually looked under there..now wheres that that WD40?

Regards

Old 12-28-2014, 01:47 PM

Right rear opening window...Right enough the're heated as well.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:27 PM

You guys mean Antenna by Arial?
I was wondering where that thing was hidden... but I have no right rear window
My GV is a cargo van and has only a rear window and the one on the rightside directly behind the passenger seat (LH drive)
so I stay curious

Old 01-02-2015, 06:30 AM

Well it hasn't rained for a few days, the problem "fixed" itself on Monday and has stayed fixed since. I'm sure its water getting in somewhere.

Yes vmaxxer, by ariel I mean antenna. mines a 2005 stow and go, the antenna is in the drivers (UK RHD) rear window (Goggsy...I don't think this is heated). On my previous voyagers the antenna was mounted on the front wing (2000) and I think in the heated rear window for the 2002.

Sorry about the damage to your GV, I agree though, it looks really fixable. Good luck with it.

If I fix the radio problem I'll post the solution on here.

ps Happy New Year