Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.8 Diesel Grand Voyager Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 05:10 AM
Default 2.8 Diesel Grand Voyager Service

Hi Guys,

Just had a quote for a service for my 2006 Grand Voyager £165 is the reasonable as its the first service since i had the car last december

Regards

John

Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 AM

OIL, AIR, FUEL FILTER & SUMP PLUG CHRYSLER VOYAGER MK3 2.8 CRD 05- | eBay

Nope! When you consider how easy and cheap it is to do yourself! What are you getting for that? A simple oil and filter change? What grade of oil are they gonna use? Is it a full synthetic or some rubbish? What oil/Fuel/Air filter are they going to use? Believe me! Not all oil filters are created the same.

okay... So this is what i would do! The link above is for a very good service pack! And cheap. MANN filters are amongst the very best! Along with Mahle as these are German. One of the best oils for our GV is Mobil 1 0w-40 that can be bought from Costco for £ 29. You need 6L for the 2.8L VM Motori marine diesel found in your car. So buying 2x5L gives you this and them some for the next time. I change my oil every 8k. Or if you don't want to spend that on oil! Go to Google and type in carparts4less (Which is ECP sister site but cheaper for same stuff) and look at there 5w40 full synthetic oil! You will come across there own brand (That is made by a Dutch firm with very good spec's) Triple QX for £11.55 delivered with discount code Saveme75 on check out. Or get down to Asda and buy there 5w40 oil (That was on offer ladt week) for 14 quid foe a 5L tin. Very high spec meeting the latest Mercedes Benz 229.51 specs... Can't remember all the specs on it! Take a look at it! This oil is Car plans Triple R diesel oil thst sells for 37 quid on Amazon.

Last edited by TimmyTim; 12-04-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:06 AM

well that seems very good although my car was registered in Jan 06 it has a 55 plate just to make sure id get the correct bit does this make any difference. And i am not mechanically minded how easy would this be to do

Grand Voyager 2.8 LTD XS Diesel

Old 12-04-2014, 06:07 AM

Oh and thanks for taking the time to ebay etc

Old 12-04-2014, 06:20 AM

I don't think you will have a problem with that service pack. But you could always give them a email or phone call to check.

Have you got a good set of ramps? Remember that the GV is 2.1T in weight! (Remember to work safe and chock wheels) I use a suction device that sucks the oil out from where the dipstick is! Great piece of kit that's made by Sealey if I remember correctly. The only real problem is getting to the oil filter whivh is at back if engine. Fuel filter is at front of engine @the bottom. Air filter is at top N/S drivers side that is easy. Just a few clips that pop open and your done. While your there get some CRC spray and clean the MAF or buy some electrical contact cleaner spray from Maplins for £4 that does the same thing.

If you don't feel comfortable or confidentiality able to do it. Buy the stuff and ask how much tge garage want to fit it! Make sure you watch them do it! And use your oil you bought! As I once saw a **** tech put some rubbish oil in and kept the oil the customer gave him! Well he did untill I went and told the car owner what he did!

Old 12-04-2014, 06:47 AM

Wow thanks for the excellent advice. i have some ramps so i think that its worth saving the money and once i know how to do it, its a saving every year then.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by discojohnno
Wow thanks for the excellent advice. i have some ramps so i think that its worth saving the money and once i know how to do it, its a saving every year then.
It really is very easy to do. After you've done it once! You will be a pro at it and save a fortune in cash. Take a search on youtube and look at the vids on there! A picture paints a thousand words...

Old 12-08-2014, 05:53 AM

Again thanks for the advice got mot booked in for monday so going to do this Sunday,do i need to change anything else like brake fluid etc ?

Old 12-11-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
I don't think you will have a problem with that service pack. But you could always give them a email or phone call to check.

Have you got a good set of ramps? Remember that the GV is 2.1T in weight! (Remember to work safe and chock wheels) I use a suction device that sucks the oil out from where the dipstick is! Great piece of kit that's made by Sealey if I remember correctly. The only real problem is getting to the oil filter whivh is at back if engine. Fuel filter is at front of engine @the bottom. Air filter is at top N/S drivers side that is easy. Just a few clips that pop open and your done. While your there get some CRC spray and clean the MAF or buy some electrical contact cleaner spray from Maplins for £4 that does the same thing.

If you don't feel comfortable or confidentiality able to do it. Buy the stuff and ask how much tge garage want to fit it! Make sure you watch them do it! And use your oil you bought! As I once saw a **** tech put some rubbish oil in and kept the oil the customer gave him! Well he did untill I went and told the car owner what he did!
Excellent post i think i will attempt it as well though not got ramps

So how do you reset the perform service notice on the information panel on roof

Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 AM

TimmyTim asserts in #2 that :
One of the best oils for our GV is Mobil 1 0w-40
- is this true ? or myth ?, where are the facts ?. where is the evidence ?
- this is not true .. .. Mobil 1 0W is.. .. not recommended for a GV
- its not only not """One of the best oils""" for use in a UK Eurobus
- its expressly not recommended by any international opinion or expert
- other than TimmyTim

I wonder if TimmyTim really meant to say is :

- in my [TimmyTim's] personal opinion Mobil 1 0W-40 may [sentence modifier] my be """One of the best oils for our GV is Mobil 1 0W-40"""
- like "Carlsberg .. [sentence modifier] .. is probably the best lager in the world” or "Good food deserves .. .. Lurpak" or "Kerrygold .. .. It's all pure butter"

Quick Reply: 2.8 Diesel Grand Voyager Service