Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Default 2000 T&C

Lookingat a 2000 T&C with 80,000 on 3.3. Excellent condition. Anyone know of any hidden problems I should look for?
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Default RE: 2000 T&C

Don't buy one with a leak(oil, Trannie fluid or antifreeze). If possible, get a local trade-in. Ask to see maintenance records if available. Look at antifreeze and A/C lines going to the rear of the car and see if they are heavily rusted. Look at the top of the strut towers in the engine compartment for heavy rust/deterioration. During the test drive listen for groaning from the front suspension when going slowly over a speed bump or something like that, may be bad sway bar bushings/links.
Try ALL the power equipment(windows, every door lock etc.) Remote door lock/unlock, wipers, all lights, turn signals. Gas tube supports for rear gate. Verify the A/C works on all speeds of both the front and rear blowers(if equipped), verify air comes out where it should, based on the control position(self explanatory). Make sure cruse control works. I still think it is the best cruse in the industry.
Just a few things that come to mind, there are some others that I am sure others can think of, some real pros here.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Default RE: 2000 T&C

Thanks for the info. Got complete carfax on this and it has been meticulously maintained. No leaks or rust. Looks to be a "creampuff"