Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2001 2.5 CRD Grand Voyager Water Pump ?? Water into Oil ! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2001-2-5-crd-grand-voyager-water-pump-water-into-oil-12477/)

dmbeale 10-18-2010 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Scotsman4th (Post 41889)
I have the puller as my own belt snapped and it was the only way I could get them out.
Can confirm as I had been told on here that 8 rockers were damaged.
I'd be willing to rent the tool out, message me if your interested.

Thanks for offer. I had to put the car into my local Chrysler dealer (lucky only 1/2 mile away) so towed it in middle of last week. They removed the injectors charging just one hour's labour £85+ vat. Got the car back now and removed rocker cover. One rocker def gone and valve spring collet broken so easily removed spring by hand and can move valve. Head off this week. Have read the head can only be removed once engine out of car due space with exhaust/turbo position.... true or false ??? Praying just head gasket failure now letting water into no1 cyclinder hence valve spring damage there

Scotsman4th 10-18-2010 05:07 AM

Luckily (although it wasnt so lucky)when the belt went the head didnt need to come off. Unfortunately that means I cant confirm or deny.
Good luck!

booke23 10-18-2010 06:14 AM

The chrysler service manual seems to indicate that the head can be removed from the CRD without removing the engine from the car.

It does say the exhaust manifold and turbo need to be removed, and it is tight behind there, but you might be able to take an engine mount off and move the engine about to get access.

The service manual isn't great, so the engine might need to come out.....you won't know 'till you try it.

Dragcurve 11-23-2010 03:18 PM

Scotsman tool hire

DM Beale you and I are close by - if you still need to hire the tool perhaps we can split the cost? If thats ok with you Scotsman? I'm in Sevenoaks.

dmbeale 11-24-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by booke23 (Post 41748)
Nightmare!

Fingers crossed it is the gasket. Is £1500 for a recon engine, or brand new?

Ended up with worst case scenario !!! head removed to discover no1 piston exploded along with conrod and piston liner and taken out two exhaust vavles with big chunk of head !!Exact cause still not known. Currently fitting replacement unit on the drive !! Bought for £1100 complete with all ancilliaries ( so at least can get some money back from mine). Fingers crossed all ok to start once again over this weekend.

booke23 11-24-2010 06:26 PM

Bad luck.....That sounds shocking. You don't hear of that happening too often on VM engines.

Suppose the conrod must have broke and mangled the piston/liner etc.