Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2001 chrysler t&c lxi blower problem

Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Default 2001 chrysler t&c lxi blower problem

I am having an issue with my heater/blower in the front. On cold days when i start the van and iturn on the blower the rear is blowing fine but i am not getting Any heat in the front? One question is are there two blower motors in the 2001 t&c lxi model? After awhile sometimes hours the blower in the front comes on. Im wondering what the problem could be? Is the blend door for the front not opening or if there are two motors could one not be working? Possible flaky resistor or blower module? Any help would be appreciated.

John

Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM

There are two blowers in any Chrysler Corp minivan that has a rear blower. One in front behind the glove box and the other in the right rear HAVC compartment.

When the front blower isn't working does that mean on any speed? Most likely component is the blower relay in the fuse box (IPM) or the blower control module behind the glove box. Swap the relay with a like relay on the same panel. To make sure the blower is good remove the relay and jumper contacts 30 and 87. The blower should start blowing right away.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

ok hold up one second I need to dissect this issue.
Do u not have any air flow or do u have air flow and its just not hot?
Because when u say things like "ut i am not getting Any heat in the front?"
That says to me no heat. The blower motor will move hot or cold air does not matter which.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 PM

When this happens the motor is not blowing in the front. The motor in the back is working and blowing warm air once van temp is reached. The motor kicks on in the front later but not initally. Sometimes it takes awhile and it usually happens on really cold mornings. What is the more likley of the two that i should check? The relay or the blower power module. I could short out the pins you suggested and that would presumably tell me that the motor is good? Thanks

John

Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM

I will try shorting the pins tommorow.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM

I swaped out the back blower relay and plugged it into front relay spot. Put the front relay to the back. The back blower works. When i shorted pins 30 & 87 the blower did not run. So i am assuming the blower power module for the front is bad? Thanks

Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM

I popped off the cover and messured at the connector on the power module forthe blower motor. The two wires that are going to the fan measures 13volts and 12 volts. So would it be the motor then? The blue wire on the left of the module (wireharness 3pin) measures 13 volts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

John

Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

The wires at the blower motor u have power and ground when the system is on?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM

Van was started when i tested. I pulled the cover off of the powermodule exsposing the circut board and that is where i tested voltages. One of the wires from the 3pin connector had continuity to ground. For the wires going to the motor i had my ground lead to chassis ground and probed each wire and i got 12v and 13v on the wires. The blue wire from the 3pin plug also showed 13v. The middle wire on the 3 pin plug showed nothing and the other wire had continuity to chasis ground. What should i do next or am i testing it wrong? Thanks for the help.

John

Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

the black and green wires to the blower itself what is the voltage and ground on thus 2 wires only.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 chrysler t&c lxi blower problem