Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Town and Country Electrical shut down while driving, not alternator

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Default and...

I never had a 601 code, that was another person, different problem, different author, different name.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

What I was saying about the 601 code is that is the only sure fire with out a doubt reason to replace the pcm or tcm that's it. Why I say take it to the dealer because what is the point trying to have some one test something that A they don't have the skills to do and B they don't have the right stuff to test it U would be simply wasting your own time. I am the kinda guy that does not like to wast time on meaning less work and throwing parts at things to fix it. Just because i know how some thing work on Chrysler does not mean i know it all. Simply knowing how any system works on anything in life makes it easier to understand how it works and how replacing some random part is a waste of time and money.

As for the computer issue I had a well seasoned tech on Monday with the box in his hand with a brand new computer ready to put it on for a jeep not running right and some times a no start. My manager walked up to me and and we went over there and 15 min later of looking over the jeep instead of throwing a part at it U know what it was? The after market crank sensor was installed wrong and the fly wheel was eating up the end of the tip so shorting out the pcm when trying to turn it over replaced the sensor and away it drove. Chrysler techs are one of the biggest ones that will throw a computer at it first hand. I am telling u computers are not the issue 9 times out of 10.

Who is the better computer maker Apple or and brand of PC?
By far Apple the quality of the products and software are far better. Everyone may not like using them but the facts are facts when u run the numbers they are a better built machine. That being said our computers are made by Motorola and also back in the early 90s when the engineers were making the computers they spent alot of time and money on making the platform for speed density fuel management and to date Chrysler is the only company that uses this system. We use stuff like pulse with modulation, Resistive multiplex wiring, 5v and 8v voltage drop for some sensors all kinda neat stuff complicated but neat when u understand the basics.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 AM

Well said, thank you Chrysler tech.....I just had my fill of the van and problems I had never faced before in an automobile.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:22 AM

I have a problem with sliding door is a 2008 Chrysler town and country. I sporadically (been a problem with the door's driver's side sliding door but two in particular) to close and then open part way. Sounds like some sort of sensor problem. This will open the bar after it closed and I went off or went home. Chrysler has complained to the dealer. He was a computer problem and that it was fixed.