Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 T&C Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Default 2004 T&C Blower Motor

Greetings,

I know this has to of been asked before but I saw 144 Pages and just gave up the search.

My Wife's 2004 T&C's blower motor is working intermittently. I decided to replace the resistor before taking out the blower motor itself. No Luck. It apparently was not the resistor.
I then started to remove the blower motor but found the rear most screw against the duct work and cannot get a socket or a wrench on it... So I put it back together...
As Stated, the blower will work once in a while. Could this simply be a relay? I don't like being a parts replacer but at my age its more difficult to get under the dash, so I'll about try any inexpensive solution first.
Hints, clues, tips... Prayers...
The van currently has 888000 miles on it.
Thank You for any help.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

not much u can do the correct way is to remove the dash if U can sneak out the screw using swivel sockets

Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM

Thanks Chrysler Tech,
I replaced the Relay today, that's not it. The guy at the auto parts place said it may be the computer. He said he would have that checked before replacing the motor.
What are the odds?
As mentioned, the blower will work once in a while. We live in Florida so it is serious Air time.
The rear screw is right against the hard plastic duct work. You can't even get a thin walled socket on it, can't get a wrench on it... no idea.
I don't have the skill level to remove the dash, and I don't have the money to hire it done.
I need to think outside the box on this one... I hate to think about replacing the blower motor and have it be the computer... seriously... the computer?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

what computer is this buy talking about??? there is no computer

Old 04-11-2011, 10:19 PM

The guy at the auto parts place said it may be the computer.
The Guy at the Parts place is Retarded

Now...all jokes aside....

Next time the motor doesnt work...."Give it a SMACK"..If the impact makes it work...replace it.

As for taking it out...Those are your options...Yes its a PITA....

Swivel sockets, wobble extensions, "Spring" extensions might be of help. Plain old sockets arent going to help you.

Fold back the carpet, and cut a slit in the underlay. it will give you more room to fit the tool of choice.