Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2006 T & C- no fuse for washer (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2006-t-c-no-fuse-washer-25197/)

Eddie A. Steiner 10-24-2015 01:39 PM

2006 T & C- no fuse for washer

Hey Gentlemen, I haven't had my washers working, don't know if they ever did. But I went to check the fuse and not only is there no fuse (15A), but there isnt even a metal clip FOR a fuse? What gives? Is it possible the holder fell through the back and I have to pull the fuse block? Please let me know. I know I checked the right one but there is nothing there but a slot, no clip.

goggs 10-24-2015 02:15 PM

No washers, no fuse, no holder for fuse. The big question is, have you really got a car.

Eddie A. Steiner 10-24-2015 06:06 PM

Not a car.....a van. Seems like a Senior Member would know that.

CHRYSLER TECH 10-25-2015 12:03 AM

that model the wipers and lites and few other items are control by the front control module

Eddie A. Steiner 10-25-2015 10:28 AM

Thanks for the reply

Could you please be more specific...location in fuse box? As far as I know, no other devices are affected. ...will double check.

QinteQ 10-25-2015 03:30 PM

Fuse box is called an IPM, and looks like this it holds these components. Its next to the battery in the EURO cars RHD, so I assume next to the battery in yours. Your washer fuse should be #6 I think - why there's no fuse holder for it - I've never seen one - put a photo up here and we will try and help !

goggs 10-25-2015 03:43 PM

EURO Vans QinteQ you should know better...

QinteQ 10-25-2015 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by goggs (Post 92158)
EURO Vans QinteQ you should know better...

All our vehicles are Chrysler EURO van spec imports per VIN number - HIYa Gogsy lad !

Eddie A. Steiner 10-26-2015 11:59 AM

I'm no mechanic but.....

I did a little research and found others with the same problem. That said, I believe that the washer pump HAS NO FUSE. It is directly powered from the "IPM". Others on the net have been stumped too because the fuse box clearly has a place for the fuse but NO FUSE! Anyhow, after removing the pump which is fairly easy, I decided just to take it to the parts store and pay $40 for a new one which I will install tomorrow. It could be something else but I will take a chance on a new pump.
just a note, you can get these all day on Ebay for half that cost if you don't mind waiting for it...just saying. I will update after install and give you the answer on the repair.....fingers crossed.

QinteQ 10-26-2015 03:05 PM

Thanks for the update Eddie A. Steiner

goggs 10-26-2015 03:55 PM

Here is this real, it's only a silly little pump squishing on the screen.
When the ignition switch is on, power is always supplied to the pump motor. It is waiting for a ground provided by first, an input from the washer switch to the BCM, then an input BCM to FCM. Finally the ground signal from the FCM to the pump.
Then it goes on, BCM costs $200-$300 or FCM $150 just to fix this small squishy issue.
Even some message about resetting IOD fuse and pump works again,,,Temporarily.
Simple answer to save monies is to wire to a remote switch, but what about the steering column one. Issues here on MOT maybe.
Thank you I have only a leaking hose to rear window.

Eddie A. Steiner 11-02-2015 11:52 AM

Washer Pump working - new problem!

OK gentlemen, I replaced the washer pump,fairly easy, reattached everything and now it works but the jet in the back is not spraying. I did see some leaking fluid near the passenger front wheel well, near the back. I suspect a leak along the hose route, will have to track it down.

goggs 11-02-2015 12:15 PM

My leak is under the gear stick. There is also a one way check valve under carpet at rear door, offside. Mines a 2003 model though.