Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 T&C Tire Pressure Sensor Light ON !

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Default 2006 T&C Tire Pressure Sensor Light ON !

Tried a search on the forum for this issue and came up with some vague stuff. Anywy I have a 2006 T&C Touring with a dash light that came on and won't go out. It's the Tire pressure sensor light.. In an attempt to troubleshoot it, I checked tire pressure in all 4 wheels and assured them to be at 36 PSI.. (They were all right at 36 PSI) so no low tire.. Guage light is still on! Any suggestions or help with this issue appreciated.. BTW the valve cores are in fact metal held in place with a retaing nut. This tells me that the vehicle is equiped with the system. Thanks.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Default RE: 2006 T&C Tire Pressure Sensor Light ON !

sounds to me one of the tire sensors might be bad

Old 11-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Can the batteries in the remote sensor be changed? How do you get sensor off without letting all the air out?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 PM

The battery in the sensors can't be changed. You can't get to the sensor without removing the tire from the rim. You're problem is that you don't know where the problem is. Each wheel has a sensor. At each corner of the van, there is an antenna, that receives the sensor from each wheel. The problem can be anywhere. Way too expensive to just start changing parts. The dealer has test equipment to check your system. Sorry, but if you know the pressure is good, your best bet is going to the dealer.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 PM

i agree with vwomein looks like trip to the dealer good luck

Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Go to the dealer! Well that's going to hurt as the dealer will get at least 69.00 out of me just to "check it out"... To fix is even more! I do have an extend coverage but has a deductable of 100.00 so there ya go... Just 2 weeks back it was the EGS and now this.. Thanks for the help... guess the manual was right when is says "Take in for Service"

Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 PM

I'm with you. I don't bring my cars to the dealer unless I need help, but you're kinda
stuck here. Like I said, if the pressures are all ok, you're stuck guessing without the
propper test equipment. At least with the warranty, it sounds like $100 is
the most it will cost you. Good luck.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM

Update... attention.. Update... OK the light is now out! (for the time being anyway)... Here's what I did: Purchased some magnets at Sears in the Hardware dept.. $4.00.. Made sure my tire pressure was still alright (it was)... Turned on the ignition to run but didn't start it.. At each wheel valve stem, I held the magnets on the rim on both side of the valve stem for a few seconds. Turned off the ignition and then back on to check it.... darn light still came on... went to bed.... Next day wife took the T&C to the store... She calls me on the cell to tell me that about a mile from the house, an alarm went "ding" and the light went out!! Still out for the whole day..

So perhaps the pressure sensor had to relearn something you suppose? I'll keep an eye on it for a few days and report back..

Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM

that's great if that works out, but what made you do that?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: vwomein

that's great if that works out, but what made you do that?
I visit the Corvette Forum from time to time and once read about the tire pressure sensors used on the Corvettes with their Good Year Run Flats... Most Corvette owners are always changing their wheels and have to re-train their pressure sensor.. The Vet however has the full display or "each tire" and shows the "actual" pressure... Retraining the cars computer involved placing a magnet on each side of the valve stem and listen for the car to "beep" then go on to the next wheel.

I thought I would play along... what could it hurt!.... I didn't hear any "beeps" however or see any change in the display while the T&C was sitting still. Something must have went right as the light has not yet come back on! "fingers crossed". BTW you can hear a soft "click" at the valve stem when using the magnets..

Quick Reply: 2006 T&C Tire Pressure Sensor Light ON !