Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Town and Country SWB...plain jane

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Default 2006 Town and Country SWB...plain jane

bought an 06 T&C swb off C/L yesterday for what I thought was a killer deal....literally mint condition comparatively with a couple minor problems but what puzzled me most was how plain jane this vehicle is ...I being a long time Dodge Caravan owner ( currently own an 02 ) and have had at least 5 others before haven't owned a minivan with as few options as this one... for instance no electric mirrors...adjustment is manual..surely you jest......am fm radio , front speakers only...huh..what is this 1975..
I'm not sure yet what other surprises I've yet to discover but honestly I was under the impression the Town and Country models were the luxury version of the Caravan ....any one else own one of these wallflowers can tell me what else I shouldn't expect or should I be afraid to ask? ..

I am kidding for the most part really ..this van is a beauty and looks and drives like it just came out of the showroom but I was rather taken aback by it's lack of accoutrements

Old 11-11-2014, 03:27 AM

The SWB (Afaik) didn't have all the toys that the big boy had! Not even black out glass at the rear! But if its a good Van! Then not to worry to much.I wanted all the toys and then some! So went fos XS version as wanted load levelling rear shocks as standard.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
The SWB (Afaik) didn't have all the toys that the big boy had! Not even black out glass at the rear! But if its a good Van! Then not to worry to much.I wanted all the toys and then some! So went fos XS version as wanted load levelling rear shocks as standard.
well it does have the black glass in fact the whole van is black, sparkly black ...metal flake I guess....load leveling shocks you say ...good option when the whole family piles in...

question for ya Tim...this site seems to have a whole lotta UK members , is it a UK based forum or are Chrysler / Dodge minivans extra popular over in the motherland? Was in Wales in 84 ...stayed at the Skirrid Inn in Abergavenny amongst other locales...I sure don't remember seeing many Caravans other than the ones going to Butlins for the weekend..

Old 11-11-2014, 01:27 PM

Its a US site, ably supported with active UK members who are happy to have found a welcome and a home with our American cousins. They cost about £30k at new and are a well loved vehicle for lots of reasons not the least of which is that there are very few like for like other options at the same price point. I have no idea how many there are in the UK but I see 100 top of the range LWB Limited editions for every 1 of any of the other flavours, almost all I see are CRD's.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh...No electric Windows...Ahhhhh...Or electric Mirrors....Is it peddle drive...

Old 11-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Ahhhhhhhhh...No electric Windows...Ahhhhh...Or electric Mirrors....Is it peddle drive...
windows ? ...I didn't say anything about windows....mirrors I mentioned but not windows...really old man this is Canada I'm coming from not North Korea...

Old 11-11-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by roadman
windows ? ...I didn't say anything about windows....mirrors I mentioned but not windows...really old man this is Canada I'm coming from not North Korea...
They're a good car roadman, we in the UK tend to expect, demand, and get 50+MPG on a diesel and have done since the early 80's. Dropping down to 33+MPG is a big hit for us with its big greedy engine lump it still offers 7 up with stow 'n go seats and capable of carrying a dozen 8'x4' sheet goods its a good vehicle with all the toys including twin video screens etc. I for one am not complaining. Take care my friend.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Thumbs up

well it does have the black glass in fact the whole van is black, sparkly black ...metal flake I guess....load leveling shocks you say ...good option when the whole family piles in...

question for ya Tim...this site seems to have a whole lotta UK members , is it a UK based forum or are Chrysler / Dodge minivans extra popular over in the motherland? Was in Wales in 84 ...stayed at the Skirrid Inn in Abergavenny amongst other locales...I sure don't remember seeing many Caravans other than the ones going to Butlins for the weekend..
Eh up mate

Having a Black van with the blacked out glass was what I wanted when I was looking for our Van! I looked at loads of them, but they were all sheds! Then came arcross this mint condition dark metalic blue with low milage going for a song! So travelled to London to take a look. It was the "Stow N Go" version so bought it.

As said by my mate on here. This is a U.S forum! But us Brits have taken it over as our own little Kingdom! Lol... So what brought you to our not so sunny shores? (And don't say a 747 1984 was my 1st year @ Manchester Uni! Now that has brought back some memories I can tell you! Hahaha...

Old 11-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
Eh up mate

Having a Black van with the blacked out glass was what I wanted when I was looking for our Van! I looked at loads of them, but they were all sheds! Then came arcross this mint condition dark metalic blue with low milage going for a song! So travelled to London to take a look. It was the "Stow N Go" version so bought it.

As said by my mate on here. This is a U.S forum! But us Brits have taken it over as our own little Kingdom! Lol... So what brought you to our not so sunny shores? (And don't say a 747 1984 was my 1st year @ Manchester Uni! Now that has brought back some memories I can tell you! Hahaha...
it was a 747......and a brand spanking new wife who wanted a Honeymoon in Old Blighty....celebrated 30 years with the old girl this last September....

Old 11-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Arrow

it was a 747......and a brand spanking new wife who wanted a Honeymoon in Old Blighty....celebrated 30 years with the old girl this last September....

30 years?!!!... You don't get that for double Murder over here!

Congrats pal. I tend to trade my old ones in every 10 years (Or 60,000 miles) Which ever comes sooner! for a younger, faster model! Guess thats why I spend most of my money on Child support and carpet cleaner

Last edited by TimmyTim; 11-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 Town and Country SWB...plain jane