Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 T&C Upset with MyGig HDD music organization

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Default 2008 T&C Upset with MyGig HDD music organization

I'm upset with the lack of organization of music on the hard drive in MyGig.

When I select music by "Artist", all it does is give me all the individual songs in alphabetical order no matter how many albums for that artist there are.
I'd prefer it if it would give me an artists' albums in order by release date first.

Also when I select anartist or album it plays all the individual songsin alphabetical order.
I'd prefer it if they would play in order by track number as organized on the album.

And whenselecting "albums", it lists all of them in alphabetical order no matter who the artist is.
I'd prefer it if it would list them in alphabetical order byArtist first and then the albums by release date second.

Chrysler, please give us a software update to correct these problems.

*********UPDATE***********
If you select "Playlists" instead of "Artist" for your selection, it does give a list of all albums sorted alphabetically by artist first and then
by release date of the album. Also when you pick the album and play it, the songs play in order of track number on the album.

********UPDATE***********
I believe in order for this to work correctly, you need to name each album/folder in this way: "artist name" "release date" "album title".
This way when you select playlists, it will display the albums/folders in alphabetical order first by artist, then by release dates.

Thanks and see you out there,
Loki Sunrider

Old 03-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Default RE: 2008 T&C Upset with MyGig HDD music organization

i was just as frustrated as you when i discovered this!

ORIGINAL: Loki Sunrider
*********UPDATE***********
If you select "Playlists" instead of "Artist" for your selection, it does give a list of all albums sorted alphabetically by artist first and then
by release date of the album. Also when you pick the album and play it, the songs play in order of track number on the album.
i saw your update here and went to try it, but it doesn't function the way you described. when i choose 'playlists', i just get a list of artists. selecting an artist gives me a list of their songs from all their albums in alpha order (basically the exact same thing that happens when you use the 'artist' option.

does it have something to do with the way the songs are uploaded, or the way they are structured when you upload?

or...is this because i have the REN version? a HB contact told me that the upcoming software update included a feature to sort albums by track#, but that feature was only for the RER version. how ridiculous is that?!?!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Default RE: 2008 T&C Upset with MyGig HDD music organization

so if i'm understanding your second update correctly, it doesn't actually give you subfolders for the albums by artist, it just sorts the huge list of albums by artists instead of alphabetically?

that still sucks. i think i'll just throw 9GB of music on a DL DVD so i can have a decent folder structure like any mp3 player since 2000 has been using. :P