Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2010 Town & Country satellite radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Default 2010 Town & Country satellite radio not working

A few months ago, the satellite radio in our 2010 Town & Country stopped working (Model No. P05064678AI). Regardless of being outside in clear skies all the time, the radio always says “Acquiring Signal”. I have tried refreshing the signal through Sirius, and have gone through a complete tech support call with Sirius, with no success. The radio knows that the antenna is connected. If I disconnect the antenna from the back of the radio, the message changes to something like “Check Antenna”. When I disconnect the antenna in the rear of the vehicle from the cable that is routed through the roof, the message also changes to something like “Check Antenna”. Sirius sent me a portable radio for free to prevent me from cancelling the subscription for the broken built-in radio. The portable radio works. I tried plugging the antenna from the portable radio into the car radio satellite antenna port, and the message remains “Acquiring Signal”.

Something has clearly gone wrong with the satellite radio in the car. Has anyone seen this before? If I changed out the radio, is it likely to fix it? Or is there a separate satellite receiver that may need to be replaced? I so not have “Backseat TV”. I have seen mentions of a satellite receiver (05064189AH), but I can’t tell exactly where it is or what it does. I have also noticed that replacement radios and this received are not cheap. Any help identifying an inexpensive solution to this issue would be much appreciated.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:12 PM

Try removing both fuses that supply the radio (M10 & M12) for a few minutes, then re-install them. That has worked for me in the past when I had “Acquiring Signal” problems.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Default Thanks for the tip. Didn’t work.

Starts with “Updating Channels” after I put the fuses back in. Then goes to Acquiring Signal” and stays there.

Any other ideas?