Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 Town & Country Bluetooth only

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Default 2011 Town & Country Bluetooth only

I want to enable the Bluetooth on my 403 radio for my iPhone on my Town & Country 2011.
I don't care about navigation and more of that stuff, JUST Bluetooth.
The radio has beautiful telephone buttons but none of them work. The radio says that Uconnect does not work.

I just want to make phone calls while driving and don't want to spend 500 Dollars for fancy navigation packages and more of that stuff. Just Bluetooth.
What am I supposed to purchase for a low as possible price?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Sukkel,

Try using the Chrysler.com Media Center Radio webpage: Owners - Quality Home

From here you can download both the User Manual and the Phone Compatibility instructions for UConnect. Just be sure to verify which Media Center you have, either the Media Center 430 RBZ or the media Center 430 REN, and that your vehicle is equipped with the UConnect feature. If your vehicle is not equipped with or the UConnect feature is not available on your vehicle, a 'Not Equipped With UConnect' message will display on the radio screen.

If your vehicle's Media Center is not equipped with UConnect then UConnect accessories can be ordered on-line at the Mopar eStore. The Mopar eStore can be found on-line at Mopar Parts - The Official Mopar Parts eStore offered by Chrysler

If you wish to speak with a representative, you can call the eStore Hotline at 1-888-349-2298.

You may also order parts and accessories such as UConnect through your local dealer.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM

@ChryslerCares,

Thanks for our reply.
I have confirmed that it is a 430RBZ Radio and checked the Mopar website.
The radio says that the uconnect is not available.
I looked for the Bluetooth module for this radio on the Mopar website, but was not able to find exactly what I need, so I called them.
This was even worse. They asked me all my private information and ended up saying that they can only check my order status and could not give me any help or advice what to order.
The garage's advice is to order a module for hundreds of Dollars.

Bummer, since I asked the sales guy if Bluetooth was included which he confirmed during the sale....
I bought a great car, but it is disappointing I have to put down and additional amount of money for something I was told it was already included.

I still have no clue what I need to purchase to only make my iPhone work ... Can't believe I have to purchase a kit with a lot of features I am not going to use anyways .... Please, just give me that bluetooth feature...nothing more, nothing less.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 AM

I don't understand? You should be able to go to the dealership where u purchased vehicle and have them pair your phone to your vehicle if bluetooth/uconnect was included. If not they should be able to let you know what you need.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM

@jaag82899, that's the whole point, they cannot pair the phone because there is no Bluetooth module installed (it seems). I have to purchase some expensive module to make it work, but it comes with features I don't need. For that reason I am looking for a much cheaper alternative that will ONLY make the Bluetooth working. I would like to know which device I need to purchase from Mopar hat does the trick ..

Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Sukkel,

I believe that the Mopar Accessory your needing is the one listed below. It is a few hundred dollars but appears to only offer the bluetooth UConnect system and not any other features such as Navigation or Satellite Radio. Just be sure of which radio / media center you have in your vehicle.

Uconnect Phone, Bluetooth® wireless hand-free

Hands-free calling is here! Uconnect phone is the exclusive voice-activated, hands-free, in-vehicle communications system. It encourages safe vehicle operation and doesn`t compromise driver control. Uconnect phone allows you to dial your wireless phone through simple voice commands. Uconnect phone includes Bluetooth technology that enables your wireless phone to connect to your vehicle without wires or a docking station. This leading-edge technology will allow you to store your wireless phone anywhere in the vehicle and still maintain connection.

Item Number UOM Qty Your Price 82211755AB Each $407.00 uconnect Phone, Bluetooth wireless Hands-free phone kit. Allows user to make calls simply by telling the system who to call, Answer incoming calls, 3-way calling, Conference calling, and Initiate Emergency 911, all while keeping your hands safely on the wheel and on the go. For use on vehicles equipped w/ RES radio but w/o uconnect button. (For vehicle w/o Salescode RSC, w/ RES) Will not work with vehicles equipped with audio amplifiers.

Fits: Town & Country