Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2013 T&C Remote Start Modify (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2013-t-c-remote-start-modify-25585/)

cahanson@new.rr.com 01-20-2016 07:41 PM

2013 T&C Remote Start Modify

Does anyone know if the remote start items auto turned on can be modified? When I remote start the van, the heated seats, steering wheel, defrost and rear defrost all turn on at the start of the engine. This is a pretty big load and with these colder temps, the belt squeals for the first half of minute. I'm sure that it is aging the belt. If I start it normally by hand, all that stuff stays off except for the heater if it was left in auto from the last time. Is there a way to set what I need for these auxiliary items during a remote start sequence. Obviously, in the summer it must change to some other sequence as you won't need heated seat on. Any insight would be appreciated.

ChryslerCares 01-21-2016 08:58 AM

On models that are equipped with remote start, the heated steering wheel and heated seat functions can be programmed to come on during a remote start. Refer to “Remote Starting System — If Equipped” in “Things to Know Before Starting Your Vehicle” for further information.

QinteQ 01-21-2016 09:15 AM

Read your book of destructions.

cahanson@new.rr.com 01-21-2016 09:17 AM

I looked and re-read the user manual from page 30 on in the "Remote Starting System - if equipped and it does not talk at all about programming the seat and steering wheel heaters to come on on a remote start. There seems like it would have to have a programming option somewhere based on the extras that come with certain models. Do I have to take it to a dealer to have the options changed?

georgef 01-21-2016 03:35 PM

The heated seats and steering wheel with remote start can be disabled using the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center). The instruction are on page 349 of the manual that QinteQ linked to in his post above.

From the manual:

Remote Start Comfort Sys.
When this feature is selected and the remote start is activated, the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. These features will stay on through the duration of remote start or until the key is turned to RUN. To make your selection, press and release the SELECT button until a check-mark appears next to the feature showing the system has been activated or the check-mark is removed showing the system has been deactivated.
If your van doesn't have the EVIC you may be able to have the Dealer program it for you.

cahanson@new.rr.com 01-21-2016 06:22 PM

Thank you, That setting was hidden pretty good and there was no reference in the remote start info. I was able to get to it pretty easily and turned off the comfort system to see if that makes a difference. In the end, I'll probably end up replacing the serpentine belt so that it doesn't squeal at startup. Again, Thanks, I appreciate the quick help.

flyingpostman 01-23-2016 05:35 PM

I have a 2015 T&C with remote start and power doors and looking under the hood for the first time I was surprised at how large the battery is. Is it the same size battery for all the models?

s.m. 02-26-2016 05:27 AM

Yes, all models have the same (small) battery. I have changed this and use a 100Ah battery