Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Town and Country Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Question 2013 Town and Country Wiper Problem

Wipers won't park, intermittent speeds not working (just one speed), mist control sensor not working. Replaced multi-switch and checked all fuses and relays. Contacted Chrysler and MOPAR - no help! Does anyone know where the control panel/circuit board/module is for the wipers (I haven't removed the TIPM to see if it is underneath yet)? Has anyone run into a similar problem on a 2013 T&C and have a solution? Thanks

Old 06-29-2016, 09:20 AM

I am having the exact same problem with the same year Town and Country. What, if anything, did you find out about the problem/fix? Thanks!

Old 06-29-2016, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Pugh
I am having the exact same problem with the same year Town and Country. What, if anything, did you find out about the problem/fix? Thanks!
Have you had the opportunity to bring it to a certified dealer for diagnosis? - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 06-29-2016, 10:32 AM

It's at the dealer right now. I just dropped it off a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, after my description of what I think caused the problem and how I'm interested in finding out the actual problem before performing any repair guesses he rattled off a couple things that I don't think could be the problem. So my faith is fairly low at the moment.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:47 PM

It's at the dealer right now. I just dropped it off a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, after my description of what I think caused the problem and how I'm interested in finding out the actual problem before performing any repair guesses he rattled off a couple things that I don't think could be the problem. So my faith is fairly low at the moment.
Thanks for the follow-up. If the dealer is unable to diagnose and repair and you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks! - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 06-29-2016, 03:08 PM

They called me a few minutes ago and told me that I needed a new wiper motor. I asked if this was a sure thing, and they affirmed it. Frankly, I'm not sure if this is correct diagnosis considering that the motor will turn on in the high setting. This is unless some of the switching mechanism is part of the motor assembly. I told them that I don't want a $500 guess fix, so we'll see how this rolls out.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:32 PM

They called me a few minutes ago and told me that I needed a new wiper motor. I asked if this was a sure thing, and they affirmed it. Frankly, I'm not sure if this is correct diagnosis considering that the motor will turn on in the high setting. This is unless some of the switching mechanism is part of the motor assembly. I told them that I don't want a $500 guess fix, so we'll see how this rolls out.
Is your vehicle no longer under warranty? To be clear, you’re not accepting the dealers diagnosis or repair suggestion? – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 06-30-2016, 01:26 PM

It is no longer under warranty. As of yesterday I was going to simply follow along with the dealer's repair suggestion. However, as of this morning I'm thinking that the dealer may be up in the night as I turned on my wipers this morning on my way to work (just to test them as it wasn't raining), and they are for now functioning fine. I'm wondering if there is a thermal overload switch in the motor that may have been thrown when the wipers were under load from the friction of the new blades. In their diagnosis work they may have reset that switch causing them to work again. This would be similar to a GFCI in a bathroom or a thermal overload relay on a kitchen appliance where the button just needs to be reset after the unit cools down. What do you think of this? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:20 PM

It is no longer under warranty. As of yesterday I was going to simply follow along with the dealer's repair suggestion. However, as of this morning I'm thinking that the dealer may be up in the night as I turned on my wipers this morning on my way to work (just to test them as it wasn't raining), and they are for now functioning fine. I'm wondering if there is a thermal overload switch in the motor that may have been thrown when the wipers were under load from the friction of the new blades. In their diagnosis work they may have reset that switch causing them to work again. This would be similar to a GFCI in a bathroom or a thermal overload relay on a kitchen appliance where the button just needs to be reset after the unit cools down. What do you think of this? Thanks.
It's great to hear it's functioning again. Unfortunately, I am not a tech, so I will not weigh in on your technical comments as to not give you incorrect direction. If the problem reappears, please reach out so I can look further into this. Thanks! - Kevin T, Social Connect Team