Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd row Stow and Go seat problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Default 2nd row Stow and Go seat problems

Hello all. I currently have a 2008 T&C Limited. I bought it simply for the stow and go seating, so we can use this vehicle for hauling "stuff" and grandkids, etc.

My problem is that my wife and I find these seats are a royal pain to fold down. It seems to involve wrestling and getting a hand smashed every so often. Words I never use seem to pop out of my mouth during this process.

I have watched videos, etc and am not stupid. The problem seems to be that even though I have the front seats up all the way forward, etc, during the "folding" process the front of the seat hits the back of the floorboard and almost has to be forced down all the way.

I have checked the obvious things....nothing left in the "hole", front seats forward, headrests and armrests correct, etc. I'm afraid this will end up hurting the leather seat.

It seems that the seat that I am folding down even though I put it all the way back, slides forward during the folding process, like it is not locking in the back position. I actually need to get in the van and try to hold it back while folding it forward.

Today while my wife and I were doing this, she smashed her hand. It seems to be difficult to easily do this on both seats. We do not have the swivel seats.

Any hints, help or tips? Thanks!

Frank

Old 06-07-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Faithfulfrank
It seems that the seat that I am folding down even though I put it all the way back, slides forward during the folding process, like it is not locking in the back position. I actually need to get in the van and try to hold it back while folding it forward.

Any hints, help or tips? Thanks!

Frank
The seat is supposed to move forward during the folding process, no need for you to try to hold it back.

My seats almost fold away by themselves, it's getting them back out of the 'hole' that I find difficult and I always find that, even though the seats are slid all the way back before I fold them away, when I erect them again they are always in the most forward position.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:54 AM

Don't know if its the same as mine, but I have to slide the front chair forward and the rear chair back. Armresets up, headrest down. Pull lever to fold the chair back to the seat. Then the other lever to lift it up at which point gravity takes over and it falls in. The second lever tilts and slides the entire chair to allow access to the 3rd row if the back hasn't been folded down, maybe that's where the problem is.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:27 PM

Thanks guys! I am doing all that you have said so far...it does "flip" down, but often gets stuck, hitting the front, (which is the bottom of the hinged floor) when it is about 2/3's down.....like it needs another 1/2 an inch or so to clear the opening.....

Frank

Old 06-07-2015, 02:34 PM

Frank, are you hinging the whole floor cover up in one piece, without folding, or are you folding the sections first. (Difficult to explain, I think there's a tutorial on YouTube)

Edit: This demonstrates what I mean about folding the sections. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaMC--as7o

Last edited by AlanC; 06-07-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:53 PM

AlanC,

Old 06-07-2015, 02:56 PM

Oops....AlanC,

I am lifting the floor all the way up, not folded to make it as "skinny" as I can and holding it tight against the back of the front seat, to allow the most room for the seat to fold.

You should not need to do this, as it is supposed to be a quick and easy one person job. For us, most of the time it is a two person wrestling match....

Thanks!