Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Problems Resolved !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by BillT
I slipped up some how, I was trying to quote Gasman, Made a mess of it,lol. But i think this is the problem have at the mo.... Sorry.
I should have pointed others to it, but I'd forgotten about this old and excellent '11 diagnosis by Gasman.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:43 PM

My '92 New Yorker ABS system is cycling on and off every few seconds. When starting up, the ABS light comes on and it takes at least a minute to go out. The brakes seem to be working fine, but the constant noise is irritating and I'm wondering if the car is safe to drive with this condition. The Chrysler place estimates about $1,000.00 to replace 4 separate parts and 2 of the needed parts are no longer available. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the Piston and Seals were replaced under the lifetime warranty about 6 months ago. HELP Help Help

Old 05-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Default Abs light

Hi Gasman.
Need advice.
I bought in agost 2015 a Chrysler Grand Voyager LTD XS AUTO 2006 and 15 days after the Abs ligth went on and off depending on the days.
I went to a Chrysler Car Centre and the diagnostic was:
- Drivers side front circuit failure suspect sensor 208 £.
- Abs pump circuit failure suspect pump/module 1.287£

Don't want to spend that amount. What should I do.
I also have to pass the MOT.

Thanks
Beatriz

Originally Posted by Gasman
Yep

My car is now working and now has a valid MOT after trying to resolve my issues with the ABS light and brake light (Parking Brake) light being on.

And so I thought I would enlighten everyone as to what I found wrong, firstly on the ABS module we have 3 power feeds, 2 of them are constant and the third is the switched live. When first encountered I checked that I had all three power supplys, when testing on the plug and these were good, this all then pointed to the CAB module on the ABS being defective?

I bought one off Ebay for £75 but this still did not work, I once again checked all the cabling and very importantly I checked the power on the plug connector I once again had all 3 power supplys including the switched live.

It must be once again the CAB module on the ABS as all the indicators pointed to this, and so I went to a dealer a bought a brand new one £500 but this still did not work, My last resort would have been handing it over to the dealer and asking them to get it done.

However with 3 now CAB modules at my disposal I thought I would carry out one more check, I took the cover off the ABS module and decided to check the power directly to the PCB on the CAB Module incase the plug was defective although their was no visual indications that it was, I had both of the constant lives but wait a minute no switched live?

I disconnected the plug and checked the power again at the plug I had both the constant live feeds and the switched live, plugged it back on the module and 2 constant live feeds but no switched feed when checking on the PCB.

Circuit checked the switched live feed back to the BCM power at the plug at both ends, disconnected the plug checked the cable continuity from the plug BCM to the ABS module no continuity, cable broken????

The swiched live feed although tested was breaking down under load and thus no ABS talkie Talkie, run a new cable, all working and the new CAB module returnd to the dealer for refund as not needed as the one off Ebay for £75 working.

The time I spent although no expert on this wouls have knocked up a fare old bill if I had left it to the dealer to find and it was only through trying to cross all the I's and dot the T's that I managed to find this.

I hope this helps any one else with such an issue.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:52 AM
Default Contribution.

xxxxxx

Last edited by Leedsman; 05-17-2016 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:02 PM

Can you help me I'm trying to find were the abs pump is on a voyager /town and Country 2.4 2002 as need to look at the conector were about is it

Old 04-05-2017, 03:43 PM

As I said on another thread my ABS light was going off and on and noise coming from the module. Fault traced to sensor touching the ABS ring on the CV joint due to noisy hub bearing.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:40 PM

Hi Gasman/ leverd. ref 2005 crd
Hope you are still there, I have an abs light on and trying to follow this thread.

My problem is trying to locate the abs module. I'm assuming it sthe module in front of the battery shielded by a piece of aluminium.

AmI right in assuming these pin numbers that are refered to in the thread are the ones that are visible on the module when you have pulled the plug out? they seem to be the only ones that are numbered.

I think so because no1 was a ground as per my manual. so to check the others I pull the connector and put a pin down the plug connector and measure voltage? all this while the battery is connected?

Old 05-13-2017, 03:28 AM

I've now got my abs light on permanently, it was coming on intermittently until a few weeks ago, its a 2005 2.8 crd grand voyager.

my question is, is the abs module the part in front of the battery, under an aluminium shield with 2 plugs connecting to it? the plugs aren't numbered but the corresponding pins on the module are (you have to take the module off to be able to see the numbers. the lower of the 2 plugs starts from no 1 so I guess this is the pins refered to in the thread?

thanks

Old 05-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Question

so I have checked pins 9, 10 & 24 and have no voltage to any. I did this by pushing a needle into the socket on the plug and measuring voltage from there to earth. It seems pin 10 doesn't even have a connector in the plastic plug housing because the needle goes in too easily......so I think I have the wrong plug?

Rodger

Old 05-13-2017, 03:24 PM

One of the two front sensors is the easy option, just change them both not that dear about £30 each. Might even find a cracked ring on the driveshaft. Then venture into the Startrek black hole.
I've got an ABS sensor light up, had it for a few weeks now, but sensor mount in hub was broken when renewing the hub. Got a new one a few weeks back, but its the getting up when getting down there that's the problem...

Quick Reply: ABS Problems Resolved !!!!!!!!!