Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add "Entry ang GO"

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Default Add "Entry ang GO"

Can you easily modify the "tip start" system to the "entry and go" push button start? I realize you would need to change the front door handles as well, but is the vehicle wiring harness the same for all Town and Country's? Can the parts be purchased and just "plug and play" to install?

Thanks!!

Steve

Old 09-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Gives a more detailed description of your car. You must have a new model or summit...

Old 09-11-2014, 03:28 PM

Modern cars including ours are run by a computer over a canBUS, the IGN is not what starts the car in terms of direct wired to the starter relay. More modern fast CAN vehicles from I think 08's have a higher speed canBUS that can accommodate many more real-time functions, its an instruction without having to hold the key or start button over the canBUS spinning the engine for up to 10 seconds or when the car starts. Its this facility that also gives our American cousins a 'remote start' option.

Last edited by QinteQ; 09-11-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: inserted wrong URL
Old 09-12-2014, 09:11 AM

Thanks everyone. The reason I was asking however, is because I like the pushbutton entry and start functionality but most of the 2011-2014 Town and Country's I am looking at do not have this option. I am in the market of buying a Town and Country, either a Touring or a Limited. I was just wondering if I could add the pushbutton capability to the car after it was manufactured.

Thanks again.

Steve

Old 09-13-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by scchuck
Thanks everyone. The reason I was asking however, is because I like the pushbutton entry and start functionality but most of the 2011-2014 Town and Country's I am looking at do not have this option. I am in the market of buying a Town and Country, either a Touring or a Limited. I was just wondering if I could add the pushbutton capability to the car after it was manufactured.

Thanks again.

Steve
If a given vehicle doesn't have a push button start you can simply had on, look up some videos on youtube. In modern cars though this isn't always the way to go for obvious reasons.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:54 AM

The O/P already has (1) tip start' and (2) a factory key less remote. The push button start below is something I have no idea about - I've never seen one

Old 09-13-2014, 07:15 PM

Here is your cookie

Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hodges710
Here is your cookie

??? is that American humour or did I miss something

Old 09-17-2014, 03:09 AM

Hello,

I have installed keyless go in my car and it works.

Here's the installation instructions:
Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep - Auto - Forum | Chrysler Voyager - Forum | Elektrik Nachrüstung Keyless Go & Proximity Entry

Steffen

Old 09-17-2014, 01:39 PM

WOW!! Thanks for that great installation scenario with pictures and everything. I would never have guessed that the car was not already wired for entry and go. This looks like a lot more work than I wanted to do for a push button start.

Thanks!!

Steve

Quick Reply: Add "Entry ang GO"