Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advise on clutch replace voyager

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Default advise on clutch replace voyager

any advise on renewing my clutch 2.5 crd,just wondering any difficulties i may experience or additional parts i may need.im fitting clutch and rear main seal.am i right in thinking the gearbox does come out with suffient room,ie i dont need to remove the unit.im a mechanic so just looking for any tips advise cheers steve.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:22 PM

Hi
Number of possibles issues you should replace all 3 rear main seals (1 seal 2 o rings) when doing the rear seal there is a spacer behind the rear seal that comes out with the seal make sure you swap it over or when you bolt up the flywheel it will lock up.
Other parts you may need are clutch fork and the pivot as they are also common to ware.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:23 PM

hi just want to say thankyou,because ive replaced the clutch and rear main and as sujjested the seals were leaking also,the job was relatively easy only problem was i kind of struggled to replace the seals and clutch with the gearbox resting on the subframe which made things a bit tight,and i was unable to get a clutch aligning tool in,so i had to go back to basics and align the friction plate by eye,i think i was lucky as the box fell back in,so a big thankyou to the guy who replied,also thanks for the tip about the rear main seal,yes the washer did stick to the old seal and the job went smoothly,thanks again very helpfull

Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Chaps i wonder if you can help me out, i have had the clutch and rear seals changed on my voyager 2.5 crd. WHen the job was done i drove the car back home and it was fine, left it parked for a couple of days and since then i cannot put it into gear, the pedal is light as a feather, the mechanic has advised there is no bleed valve on the slave cylinder. Do i need to replace the slave/master cylinder, or has it not been fitted correctly? Please advise, have been out of action for over a week now.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Hi
Yes he is correct there is no bleed valve. Some on here have bleed them (do a search) but more then likely you will need them replacing "IF" that is the fault. Could well be the clutch fork or pivot like what I have said on here. do you have a clutch if you pump the clutch?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 AM

It does seem to get better when pumping the clutch. So what do i need to do?
Merlin do you have a contact number so i can call to discuss, in urgent need to get it sorted. thanks in advance.

Last edited by harrysaimbhi; 03-14-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:07 AM

Hi Merlin,
I have now also changed the slave/master cylinder, and now have a clutch pedal again.
But now the problem that lies is going into gears, when the car is off the gears go in, when i start and press clutch in and try putting into gear, they dont want to go in, literally have to force them in, as soon as you do this the cars starts moving and if the cluctch is not disengaging. Once again could this be the clutch fork/pivit? Is this one part or 2 and if it is worn is this the kind of problems i could be incurring? Have called Chrysler they have quoted approx £200 for the fork...
Look forward to your response, thanks
Harry

Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 PM

Hi
Two parts the fork and pivot comes separate, I'll look the parts up for you if your dealer can't find the pivot. I committed on your other post too. Pump the clutch.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 AM

HI,
That would be very helpful, are you aware of any other place where i can buy parts from, Chrysler are very expensive.
Have also added some info on other post...
thanks for your help.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:48 AM

Is it possible it could be a faulty clutch?