Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in the game (nearly)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Default Back in the game

Well, that's been 10 months without a Grand Voyager.

Unfortunately, the OH killed one of our cars, so we've thought long and hard about a replacement, and have settled on another GV.

We've missed the car to be honest, I've had to get things delivered that the voyager would have carried easily.

With this being the second one we'll have owned, I'm going in with my eyes open. Ready for thermostat mods, charging fixes, leaking injectors, fuel filter drawing air and the handbrake.

Looking to get a stow and go so there's no hassle with removing seats to turn it into a van. Now searching the length and breadth of the country for the right one.

Last edited by Scotsman4th; 02-11-2016 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Change of status
Old 12-01-2015, 02:42 PM

Wellcome back Scotsman4th you've been missed as everytime I think of pulling injectors I thought of you. Anyway glad your back and wanting to get in there. But relating to another Voyager there are plenty going at well below garage prices in our 100 mile neighbourhood. If looking for even cheaper ones there's always the odd couple needing repairs done, like doesn't start well, ABS light on, etc...

Old 12-01-2015, 03:26 PM

Watching a couple down south just now, one is 06, £3k classified ad, with the timing belt done 5k ago Other ones an 07. That's an auction, no info on timing belt, sitting at £1200 and ending in a couple of days.
The 06 has an advisory on the MOT about the engine covers, which makes me think leaking injector(s).
If you see any bargains more local, let me know.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:20 PM

Welcome back to the fold.

Never ever again lumping them in and out, you have to love the disappearing seats, swivel 'n Go came in '08 I think and Super Stow 'n Go '11

Old 12-02-2015, 11:10 AM

When our 15yr old 2001 2.5CRD finally packed up a couple of months ago after 175,000 miles of loyal service We decided to get another one.... based on the fact that they are just so useful for carrying stuff.

I got a nice 57 reg Grand Voyager 2.8CRD Executive, with genuine 47,000 miles from new. Immaculate condition inside & out. The guy was asking £5900 & I got him down to £5000 as it needed two front tyres and a full service. Came with service history, all the key fobs & spare keys etc. 1 yrs MOT, also included the original bill of sale from Lookers Chrysler for £29,200

It's a lovely vehicle, much better power & pick up than the 2.5

It has stow & go leather seats, which are handy, but I don't think they are as comfy or substantial as the seats in the 2001. Also the ride definitely seems harsher than the old one, it seems a bit stiffer on the road, and the bumps are felt more.. which may be due to the seats ?

Overall I like voyagers, I had one for 15yrs and I know what goes wrong & how to fix them.

I don't quite see why there's such a massive price spike between the last of the "old" shape.. say 2008 and the first of the new shape.. seems that the cheapest new shape are about £3-£4K more expensive. I actually prefer the MK4 shape

Mat

Old 12-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Might be just for you Scotsman, 2008 Executive, Kilmarnock (just round corner), 58,000mls at £4,500 must be Christmas for someone there. Garages want £6,000-£8,000 for same car. Another at Co Durham, same year and price. Flee-Bay of course.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:54 AM

You got a link for the Kilmarnock one?

Ones I'm watching just now are.

2006 CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER 2.8CRD AUTO BLACK 2.8 turbo diesel | eBay

2007 CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER EXEC XS 2.8 CRD Auto SILVER Stow 'n Go . No SWAP | eBay

07 CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER EXECUTIVE XS CRD AUT STOW N GO, LEATHER,SAT NAV DVD

The 06 plate appeals as it's just had the timing belt done, but I've checked the MOT history and that's the one that mentions the engine cover.

Our Cee'd came from Hull and I've not long bought a car in Nottingham. Every time I'm driving back up the road, I swear I won't travel that far again, but ultimately end up doing it.

I'm off till Wednesday, so hoping to get something sorted in the next few days.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:23 PM

Kilmarnock one is Fleebay Item number 111834073907.
There's even one in London 2008 70k mls sitting at £2,950 item no 321930086208.
Christmas not a sellers market.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:45 PM

I'd seen the London one, more hits than the Beatles lol. The wife knocked it back.

Just checked the Kilmarnock one, think we'd prefer the Grand Voyager.

The top 2 I've linked to seem to be not bad, due to the cam belt supposedly being changed and receipted. Going to message the 06 plate one to see about the advisory on the mot and take it from there.

I'll keep looking locally too though.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Went to view two today, wasn't impressed.

A 3k 55 plate wasn't very nice inside and 6k 57 plate had quite a bit surface corrosion on the seats. It also had a whiff of exhaust fumes on startup under the bonnet which reminded me of leaking injectors.

She's not fussed about the stow and go, it was more me that wanted them, so we'll look at non stow and go too.

Quick Reply: Back in the game (nearly)