Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Bad news!! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/bad-news-24086/)

QinteQ 03-20-2015 02:12 PM

Factories .....................

Nissan, Jag / Rover, Toyota build things for Europe and the world. Fiat assemble or build nothing Lancia, Dodge, Chrysler in Europe, and because the sales to Europe are in free-fall the factories in Canada & Mexico are haemorrhaging so much money that waiting for some magic Chrysler platform electric car is out of the question. The bottom line is, the place where Fiat make Dodge and Chrysler products can't even sell them to the Americans because they hate Fiat.

At the end of the day its down to Factories ..................... 2.000 units last year including the Jeep brand just won't hack it - it's survive or die at factory level! For me that's a shame 50 years in the UK and I love em !

Leedsman 03-21-2015 10:31 AM

How to be a successful car maker can be learned from Ford. They have never made any secret of how they do it.
Step....
1) Find out what people really want in a car.
2) Make the car at a price people can afford.
3) SELL IT aggressively, pulling out all the stops.

Do it the Ford way and you can hardly fail. Need I mention...
1) Model "T" Ford.
2) The "Transit" van.
3) The T-bird.
4) Current best-seller, Ford Fiesta.

In my own case, the best all rounder was a Ford Mondeo MkI. diesel. 78,000mile on the clock when I bought it, had no trouble in 6 years of all round use, commuting, shopping, holidays, hot or cold, rain or shine. It only broke a road-spring Mc.Pherson strut right at the end which I replaced easily (four big bolts) for £15 part from a scrapyard before I sold it, no trouble.

Leedsman.

darkcild101 03-23-2015 03:57 PM

Sad as i gehuinle think the Grand Voyager is the best in iits class. In my opinion the brand jhasnt been welll marketed as well as it should be. There just isnt that awareness of how funtional these car

But what i find frustrating is the after sales support. My other car is a Mercedes c250 turbodiesel 1997n model yet i can gey things for it cheaper than the Chrysler and i would say the Chrysler dealer seems more expensive than the Merc one and more importanly there a lot more indies for Mercs than Chrysler

Vonhofinvule 03-31-2015 07:23 AM

Its comes as no surprise. My dealing with Chrysler in the UK have been at best poor! A few years back I was interested in the 300C with the V8 Hemi, so I tried to use their used car network and it was horrendous. First off I travelled down the country to see a black one and got there only to discover they had made a mistake and the car was in-fact a diesel, second attempt, it was a V6 and third time another diesel! Furious at this point I give up and bought a C55 AMG. Therefore when I decided upon a Grand Voyager I didn't even try with them! However, parts are insanely priced, I buy nearly all of mine in the US and ship'em over! Shame, its a brand I've always liked.