Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Bleeding brakes. Is it easy (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/bleeding-brakes-easy-24045/)

darkcild101 03-08-2015 07:47 PM

Bleeding brakes. Is it easy

Had a new brake pipe put in after I had a leak and posted it here months ago. The brakes havent felt right since so I went to Farmers to have a new drop link fitted and also asked them to check the brakes which they said were ok and just needed bled

Is this easy. ?. I remember seeing a bleeding kit on ebay, are they any good for a novice

tfb 03-09-2015 02:25 AM

always easier with two of you, but a simple length of pipe with a non-return valve works well

e.g.
motorcycle/car brake bleeding kit/tool | eBay

Regards
Richard

darkcild101 03-09-2015 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by tfb (Post 87648)
always easier with two of you, but a simple length of pipe with a non-return valve works well

e.g.
motorcycle/car brake bleeding kit/tool | eBay

Regards
Richard

My 12 year old son usually helps me. Or do i need an adult :p

Vonhofinvule 03-09-2015 07:24 AM

I've had problems bleeding Grand Voyager and Town and Country brakes after installing new pipes, there always seemed to be air trapped in the rears. However, I found the easiest way was to use a vacuum bleeder. Since switching to this method I've never had an issue!

dcotter0579 03-09-2015 08:21 PM

I've had problems with vacuum bleeders when they suck air around the threads of the bleed screw. If the kid is tall enough to be able to push the brake pedal all the way to the floor and hold it, he'll do fine. Have him bring his game boy or similar to keep him occupied.

darkcild101 03-10-2015 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 87666)
I've had problems with vacuum bleeders when they suck air around the threads of the bleed screw. If the kid is tall enough to be able to push the brake pedal all the way to the floor and hold it, he'll do fine. Have him bring his game boy or similar to keep him occupied.

So it takes a long time then?:eek:

Leedsman 03-10-2015 05:33 PM

When you get round to doing it, you'll be surprized at the gunky cloudy state of what comes out.

Leedsman.

royal100805 03-11-2015 01:59 PM

Just make sure when you do attempt it that you start with the furthest caliper from the resevoir and finish with the closest. This method always works and will eliminate any air in the system if you conduct the bleed procedure correctly. Also make sure the reservoir/master cylinder is topped up above the minimum line at all times. I have bled my brakes quite a few times now after changing calipers, renewing rusted pipe and also to keep up with manufacturers service guidelines. If you have any questions regarding this feel free to send me a pm.
Regards Dan