Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Default Brake Cylinders

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help, I have recently had my car in for a free brake check, The first thing they said after they drove it on the ramps was "did you notice anything wrong with the brake's?" this particular garage is unable to get the parts for it and have said i will need to get them from the main dealer.. sooo i did this but there are 2 different sizes for my model.

Is anyone able to tell me exactly what size cilinder it is i need..?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Brake Cylinders

are u talking about the rear wheel clys leaking? If so they do this all the time on older NS minvans. There is not a size that i know of call a dealre and tehy will give u a price of the clys. IF u replace them yourself u will need to bleed the bks after words.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 AM

Yes the rear wheel clys, apparantly there are 2 sizes, mine is hte GS not the NS the dealer was the ones who said there were 2 different types. one of which has apparently only come out this year ! i'm not to sure.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM

maybe i'm getting confused at to what iv'e been told, They actualy said the rear wheel brake clys. is there a difference?

if so what's the size's available and how do i find out what size mine uses's

Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

I have no idea what size u have with out looking at them sorry.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:28 AM

ok if you cant tell me what size i have then can you tell me the most common size for a '98 3.3 LE. or indeed all the sizes available for this model.

thanks

Old 07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

your local dealer should have this info I never haft to ask what size is needed my parts guys know what they are doing.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Default Brake Problems

I have had both rear wheel cylinders changed as they were leaking, but they have said the sloppynes remains in the pedal, when i picked up the car, they showed me somthing they noticed, which you can see from the image below.

Basicaly what happen was when pressingthe brake normaly without any intervnetion the pedal goes along way down, with this pipe squeezed by hand, the brake pedal will harden up andfeel more responsive.

i'm having someone look at it tonight, but would like some pointers as to what i can do to fix this, We are meant to be going away for the weekend which only leaves tonight and tomorro to fix the problem.

Please help someone.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Brake Problems

Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Brake Problems

That line would be the vac supply to the brake booster U would more then likely have a brake booster prob like a crack in the rubber inside of it. U can replace it.

Quick Reply: Brake Cylinders