Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Cant lock door's using keys or use both keyfobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Default Cant lock door's using keys or use both keyfobs

I have a strange problem, and one that needs to be sorted, I have just unlocked my car, to move it closer to my house to wash it, however after my wife finished washing it, I'm unable to lock the door's or unlock them using the remote units, also i'm unable to lock the door's at all using the key in either passenger or driver door?

do i need to disconnect the battery for 5 mins ? to reset something or is there something else i can do.

BTW, the car starts fine.

any help would be superlativly recieved.

Paul.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Default RE: Cant lock door's or use both remote units

just to note, i have my car parked on the road, and have no way to securley lock it as it wont lock.

any ideas before it gets dark would be great ?

I have checked the fuse for the door locks and it looks ok. is there anything else.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
moe

hey paul whats the temp in england? could you have gotten the locks wet and they are frozen?

Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM

well it's possible they would have got wet when the car was washed, but the temp was not freezing today...

I dont understand it,, both door locks wont turn at all.. i cant see any fuse gone?

Very anoying as you can imagine, my Insurance is now Void.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
moe

hey paul what year is your car??
moe

Old 12-30-2007, 08:32 PM
moe
Default RE: Cant lock door's using keys or use both keyfobs

hey paul i'm looking for info on the chrysler web site .i'll post what i find.remember this is for your year car..hope we can get those locks working .moe
ARMING PROCEDURE
METHOD-A
[*]With the key removed from the ignition lock and any door open, actuate one of the following:
[ul][*]Power door lock button to LOCK,[*]Key fob LOCK button[*]Door lock key cylinder to locked position. [/ul][*]Close all opened doors.[*]After the last door is closed, an arming time-out period of sixteen seconds will start, then the VTSS will become armed. [/ol]
METHOD-B
Actuating the key fob transmitter LOCK button, key locking the front doors or liftgate with the doors closed and the ignition locked will begin the arming time-out period. If method-A, 16 second time-out sequence was in process when method-B was actuated, the 16 second time-out will restart from the time of the second actuation.
If the security lamp does not illuminate at all upon final door closure, it indicates that the system is not arming.
The current VTSS status armed or disarmed shall be maintained in memory to prevent battery disconnects from disarming the system.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
moe

DOOR LOCK CIRCUIT PROTECTION
The BCM controls the door lock relay's operation. If the door lock switch is actuated continuously for more than one second the BCM will interrupt the relay circuit. The door lock system is protected by a 40 amp fuse located in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) The LOCK and UNLOCK relays are located in the Junction Block. The Power Distribution Center is located along side of the battery. The lock motors are protected with Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) device that prevents motor burn out.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
moe

Old 12-31-2007, 07:16 AM

my grand voyager is 1998.

Just to let you know the keyfobs started working again this morning when i got to work, but the keychambers still wont move, i'll follow those post's above and let you know how i get on.

Cheers for your help meo.. your a star !

Old 12-31-2007, 11:57 AM

to add insult to injurey, on my way to go home, the car unlocked fine with the keyfob, drove home with no problems, parked the car, and got out, closed the mirror's, as i always do, and i was unable lock the car using the keyfob again, very strange.

I'll give the above a try anyhoo.

Quick Reply: Cant lock door's using keys or use both keyfobs