Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

chrysler virgin

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Default chrysler virgin

Hi there all.................. I've recently purchased a 99 voyager 2.5TD and wondered if anyone out there knows anything about a 'flashing heater plug/glow plug' warning light that appears on the dash. This happens at the same time as the engine cutting out. I then have to switch off the ignition to start the car again. Would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Cheers Karen

[sm=dontgetit.gif]

(sorry for the cross post but I meant to put my post in here!?)

Old 06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Default RE: chrysler virgin

Hi Karen,
You're not the only voyager virgin in town LOL.
I'm looking at buying a 98 with the V6.
Anyway, I think your flashing heater plug light is a malfunction indicator. If it flashes in a pattern/sequence somebody might be able to decode it for you but I suspect that, as it's a 99, it will need to be scanned at a garage to download the fault codes. Somewhere here on this site, if it's like other makers forums I've been involved in, there will be a fault code diagnostics section. Be aware that there's a big difference in people who can tell you what the code means ad people who can tell you what actually caused it! The latter is what you're after and places like this are perfect for troubleshooting! Pay a garage to get the codes read but DON'T authorise any remedial work until you've checked back here. British repair shops seem to be incredibly un-knowledgeable about fault codes and frequently replace unnecessary parts because they can read the codes but don't have the knowledge to analyse the results.
Good luck.