Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Chrysler Voyager 1999 Brake lamp blinking help! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/chrysler-voyager-1999-brake-lamp-blinking-help-21058/)

Bazer79 12-21-2013 02:52 AM

Chrysler Voyager 1999 Brake lamp blinking help!

Hello,

Have Chrysler Voyager 1999 and the brake lamp on dashbord is blinking constantly.

There is brake oil to max level and the brakes seems to work fine..

anyone knows what it is?

Chrysler Voyager 1999 3.3L V6

Thanks..

tfb 12-21-2013 03:30 AM

check the handbrake is fully off and that the switch on the handbrake is not stuck.

Regards
Richard

Leedsman 12-21-2013 03:33 AM

A regular blink would suggest something has been detected by the micro to bring your attention. Some brake pads have an electrical contact to signal end of life, it may be ABS related etc.
The handbook, or someone knowlegeable here should show. Needs your immediate attention of course being brake-related.

Leedsman.

Bazer79 12-21-2013 04:42 AM

have checked already that switch to handbrake is fully off and the switch is not stuck..and the handbook dont say anyting more than needs to check brake oil level and its on max..

Leedsman 12-21-2013 06:57 AM

Have a look-see if there is a wire going to the brake pad area. Then see if the pads are abnormally worn down. I had an older Mercedes 300D using that idea, and there are connexions between Chrysler and Mercedes...

Leedsman.

chrysler1 12-21-2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Leedsman (Post 75756)
A regular blink would suggest something has been detected by the micro to bring your attention. Some brake pads have an electrical contact to signal end of life, it may be ABS related etc.
The handbook, or someone knowlegeable here should show. Needs your immediate attention of course being brake-related.

Leedsman.

That was my first thought. Had the same problem on my daughter's Peugeot some months ago.

estrika 12-21-2013 01:01 PM

remove all electric plugs that goes to brake pads, light should change to always on, if this happens them you have one or more brake pads in end life, you just need to find out what ones.

chrysler1 12-22-2013 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by estrika (Post 75770)
remove all electric plugs that goes to brake pads, light should change to always on, if this happens them you have one or more brake pads in end life, you just need to find out what ones.

My daughters brake light came on, only when braking,as the contacts came into contact with the steel disc.

Bazer79 01-02-2014 02:31 AM

There is no electric wire to pads on this car and all brake pads are almost new..

Bazer79 01-02-2014 02:34 AM

There is no electric wire to pads on this car and all brake pads are almost new.. and the brake lamp start to blink even not engine is on..