Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

chrysler voyager 3.3 v6

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Default chrysler voyager 3.3 v6

hi ya, i wounder if u can help me , as in the u.k the parts for this van r expencive , also the knlodge of this van is bad....
my chrysler sometimes starts up ok , then stops running, then u start again revs ok but soon as u put in to drive backfires but will drive , will do that allday then just drive normally. any ideas ... pls help taz ....

Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Default RE: chrysler voyager 3.3 v6

Need more info then that.
When it starts and stops will it restart straight away? Is the alarm light on when it does this.
Have you had it checked for fault codes?
Turn the key on and off 3 time (do not start it) and end with the ignition on do you get any codes come up in the milometer or does it just say done?
Does it misfire? Plugs and leads are a known issue when was it last serviced? Wiring short on the front engine mount gearbox bracket is also a common place.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 AM

hi pal, tnks for replying, it starts up first thing, but as soon as u take ur foot off the gas paddel it starts run rough, but when u rev it its fine , no missing or backfire... but as soon as u select drive it backfires then drives on . it is converted to lpg. and petrol . no fault codes coming up. once u drive without stopping it fine .. plugs / leads changed.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Hi
Is it the same on gas and petrol?

Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM

NO ON GAS SHE SPOT ON ... BUT AS SOON AS U SWITCH IT TO PETROL IT POPS THROUGH THE AIRBOX LIKE MAD , I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE THE GAS BURNING WITH THE PETROL !!!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:39 PM

taz

you might be having a problem with petrol injectors.

if the car runs fine on LPG and having problem on petrol (stalls, rough idle, doesn't react straigt away when you push the accelerator...) that's the common problem.
they get clogged from running on LPG, spray pattern is bad, mixture gets lean and you get all the problems from above + backfireing sometimes.

if that's not the case, describe your problem with more details.
it would also help if you tell what type of LPG system you have (SPI, MPI or even liquid injection).