Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Coolant Leak Rear Heater (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/coolant-leak-rear-heater-724/)

djalbrecht 03-01-2007 04:58 PM

RE: Coolant Leak Rear Heater

Thanks for quick response -- it is a valid VIN number, I verified. I just spoke with dealer and then with DCX. They are unwilling to do anything for me. I'm am a very unhappy customer. So much for a "Certified Pre-Owned" vehicle from Chrysler. This is first time I bring it into the dealer for service and they just "happen" to find this $600 repair I need to do that's on a component that's clearly failed on other vehicles. And no help from Chrysler. And on top of that I have to pay $180 for a faulty fan resistor motor that blows the fan on high all the time. Guess I should've bought a different car...

CHRYSLER TECH 03-01-2007 06:01 PM

humm 8 of the vin sorry the recall is for the hoses that are known to go bad if yours is not when they got the contract to which the hoses are known to go bad and the recall is out for them then yours is just a part of owning a van. Be greatfull that it has been found and not when u have no heat or have brunt up a motor because it has over heated. The resistor is just a thing i do a few a month. Did u buy a chrysler extended warranty?? stuff like that would be covered depending on what level u have.

djalbrecht 03-01-2007 07:52 PM

Got relief from the dealer -- appealed to sales manager. I did buy extended warranty but only for powertrain so doesn't include the a/c, but they will treat this as warranty and I will only pay for part of repair.I'mso relievedthey came through. $1K on repairs ona car I bought only 6 months ago was a little tough to stomach so I'm much happier now.

outnmbrd 02-02-2008 08:22 PM

I am having the same issue with a 98 Caravan - are you still willing to check on recalls? vin B661015

CHRYSLER TECH 02-03-2008 08:15 AM

that recall does not apply to a 98 van only 01 to 05

snoman8888 05-06-2008 11:40 PM

Has anyone had success with getting this hose replaced for free due to a defect? Was there a recall for this issue? I haven't found very much info regarding a recall for this on the internet and not too much information on any forums. Point me in the right direction if I'm missing something.

snoman8888 05-06-2008 11:44 PM

Chrysler Tech, last seven of VIN is R712961. Your help is appreciated.

Rick99 05-07-2008 07:02 AM

I just wanted to say that I've heard of several people repairing this by cutting out the bad section of pipe and clamping a section of heater hose in its place. They report that it works great. After reading about a few of these, I took a look at mine and found the place where it is rotting out-- I scraped off the rust, used some rust converter and repainted it. If it does end up going, I'll just splice in some heater hose.

CHRYSLER TECH 05-08-2008 12:20 AM

last 8 of the vin not 7

avissvcmgr 05-11-2008 12:39 PM

I just looked at mine (03, 78,000 miles) The only part that shows any rust is the foward section coming out of the heater core (painted black tubing)where is it attached by a bracket to the bottom of the car. Just behind this bracket it attaches to 2 short pieces of hose that connect to aluminum tubing running along the length of the car to the rear heater. If it ever becomes a problem I think I'll go with your solution and just cut out therot,extend the hose, and fashion something to hold it to the bottom of the car. Simple and quick.