Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer level diagnostic software in the uk

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Default Dealer level diagnostic software in the uk

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and looking for urgent help and advice.
I've a 2008 GV 2.8crd owned since January with no problems until we took it on holiday.
We did a stright 200+ mile drive from Tamworth to Bideford with no issues, drove all around devon for 5 days still no problems. Then the 6th day we where stuck in lots of stop start traffic took 6 hours to drive 40ish miles and the engine management light came on and gearbox stopped changing gear.
The unhelpful breakdown man plugged in the car and told me I've been racing as its logged a p1745 code which he googled and declared was excessive changes between 2nd and 3rd gear, reset the code and declared the car fixed, but it didn't fix it so towed us home.
I've plugged it in myself using a delphi clone and came up with the same code p1745 which is in fact VLP in open loop or over pressure for 2000 miles or 1000 gear changes between 2nd and 3rd, I've checked the vlp solenoid for open loop and pressure sensor for faults, all I can find is the actual pressure is around 20 - 30 psi higher the target psi on the gearbox hydraulic line.
I've changed the gearbox oil and filter with the correct oil but cannot clear the VLP error counter in the TCM without some serious diagnostics equipment.
Has anyone any experience with this fault and how to reset the TCM module to clear the error counter and put it into learning mode?
I'm sorry for the wordy first post but I'm at a loss now, I'm not new to the world of car repair just at a loss.
Thanks

Old 09-02-2019, 12:13 PM

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?
Some people suggest up to 30 minutes, but it will reset the ecu back to factory and that may help.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:18 PM

Also, this scanner says it can clear VLP's and it is not that expensive.
https://braydentechs.com/dodge-jeep-...vel-scan-tool/

Old 09-02-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BiliTheAxe
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?
Some people suggest up to 30 minutes, but it will reset the ecu back to factory and that may help.
Tried it left off for 2 hours, also clamped the positive and negative leads together for an hour. Still nothing.

I cannot believe something needs in depth diagnostics to clear a code before the car returns to normal operation.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:57 PM

Also, this scanner says it can clear VLP's and it is not that expensive.
https://braydentechs.com/dodge-jeep-...vel-scan-tool/
Thanks for the help, might have to splash out as I'm struggling to find anything here. Has anyone used this tool for the VLP reset on a 2.8crd town and country?
Thanks

Old 09-02-2019, 02:56 PM

I called their technical support number for you and i am waiting for a callback so I can confirm that it will work on a 2008 GV CRD.
The more I look at that scanner, the more interested I am in buying it.

Last edited by BiliTheAxe; 09-02-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:38 PM

They said that yes, it will work on your vehicle and reset the VLP as it includes all of the programming for Chrysler vehicles from 1996 to 2019.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:45 PM

Sort and lagacy. The code is registered twice in the BCM. 04-07 'U' codes never went wild few top0the range diagnostic scanners have them. The 508 & x431 of 05-07 did.

The re-learn should reset itself when the legacy code is removed from the BCM

Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 AM

They said that yes, it will work on your vehicle and reset the VLP as it includes all of the programming for Chrysler vehicles from 1996 to 2019.
Thankyou, that's loads of help :-) I've located the same tool here in the uk it's a Vident ilink400 single make scanner, but the vident side also states you can add up to 5 makes per scanner for $60 per make. It's on order now should have it in the next 2 days. Will post if it works.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:42 PM

Took longer then 2 days to arrive, but worth it.
Plugged in found my car via vin number, reset the vlp counter and output tooth count no problems, then put gearbox into quick learning mode.

In all it does what is expected for a very reasonable price.

Quick Reply: Dealer level diagnostic software in the uk