Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Side Door Speaker Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Default Driver Side Door Speaker Not Working

Hello everyone and how are you doing? I have a 2001 Chrysler Voyage V6 3.3 liter minivan. The problem we are having is when we turn the radio on and leave the balance **** to the middle, the driver side speaker does not output sound, but the passenger door does output the sound.

I then detached the driver side door and removed the speaker and checked the wiring. I did not see any cuts, frays or any of that. However the cone of the speaker was pressed in a little. So I took the speaker from behind the van and this was from the left side of the van and put the speaker in place of the driver side door old speaker and plugged it in and turned the radio on. No sound was outputting as well. I then put the old speaker and put it in the back of the van and still no sound was coming through lol.

I took the front radio panel off and removed the cassette radio and checked behind it to make sure any wires were not broken and i tightened them. Turned the radio on and the only sound coming is from the passenger side door.

I checked the fuse box and found this fuse relay called accessories, but that wouldn't be the problem I was assuming, because the interior lights, radio, ac, all work fine.

What could be the problem? Could it be this thing?

Or could it be the wire that is between the door and the door hinge that is damaged? I will check tomorrow as I have to leave for class now.

Thank you for helping us to solve this problem.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM

EDIT: Sorry, I couldnt edit the above post, I wanted to add was, if I turn the Balance **** all the way to the left, no sound is bring produced from the left speaker, nor the right speaker. if I turn the Balance **** all the way to the right, sound is being produced from the right speaker, but not the left speaker. If i turned the Fade **** to the left, the passenger door speaker sound gets progressively louder as you go left. If you move the **** to the right, no sound is being produced in either speaker. Weird.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

if u moved speakers from one location to another and still nothing on that DS then use an ohm meter from radio to speaker check the 2 wires if u have resistance then wires are good and u have a radio issue.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:46 AM

Hi have the cover for your door speaker have "Infinity" on them? if yes you have a amp under the dash, well hidden, that could have had a broken output