Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Window will not operate

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Default Driver Window will not operate

The driver side window does not operate.I think its the switch.I attempted to remove the side panel and can't figure out how to remove it in one piece. I removed one screw from the bottom,one from the latch area and one in the arm rest. It will not budge,I know there are some clips and things ,I figured I would ask before breaking something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Driver Window will not operate

U have a window regulator motor that is bad. Key on hold the switch making it go down and with your palm wack on teh door panel just below the grab handle that will jar loose the motor just enough to make it work just a little.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 PM

OK I can try that but, can you tell me how to get the door panel off?

Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

what year van? if u cant get the door panel off then u will have all kinda fun getting the regulator out and back in

Old 06-30-2007, 07:10 AM

Its a 2003

Old 06-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

[ol][*]Remove the plug and remove screw attaching door pull cup to inner door panel.[*]Remove switch bezel and disconnect power window/memory switch.[*]Remove screws attaching trim panel to door from below map pocket.[*]If equipped, remove window crank. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WINDOW CRANK - REMOVAL)[*]Remove screw holding door trim to door panel from behind inside latch release handle .[*]Disengage clips attaching door trim to door frame around perimeter of panel.[*]Lift trim panel upward to disengage flange from inner belt molding at top of door.[*]Tilt top of trim panel away from door to gain access to latch linkage.[*]Disengage clip attaching linkage rod to inside latch release handle (INSIDE DOOR HANDLE LINKAGE).[*]Separate linkage rod from latch handle.[*]Disconnect the power door switch, courtesy lamp electrical connectors.[*]Remove front door trim panel from vehicle. [/ol]

Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 PM

How do you remove the switch bezel,I tried prying on it ,but was afraid it would break.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

it just pops up

Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 PM

Well, you were right ,it was the motor .I was able to do the job in about 1 hr. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:05 PM

I have replaced thedriverside windowmotor on my 2001 T/C twice over the past month. The last one was a week ago, and it's bad again already. I am getting them reman from autozone. Anybody going through motors like this?

Quick Reply: Driver Window will not operate