Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD query Grand Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Default DVD query Grand Voyager

Hi all, I have just purchased a 2006 Grand Voyager Limited XS which has what I believe to be the original factory installed DVD screen in the rear.

The x6 multi DVD player spins up and I can hear the DVD playing through the speakers but I cannot get a picture at the DVD screen.

The car did not come with headphones or a remote and I have been told that the DVD screen can only be turned on by the remote. Anyone know if this is correct ?

Chrysler main dealer says the part number for the remote is 05083190AA but is discontinued. I have found one online but am struggling to find the right headphones as there appear to be so many different variants. Main dealer wants £80 a pair and lost available on ebay/amazon for around £10

Loathe to part with my cash until I can get a definitive on what goes with what and whether I may just be better off taking it to a car audio place to see if screen is functioning.......

Thanks in advance
Mark

Old 01-09-2015, 04:01 AM

I bought 3 pair of these last year for my GV and they work well. 6m IR Infrared Wireless Dual Channel Stereo Headphone Gift xmas | eBay

I'm pretty sure that the DVD screen can only be turned on by the remote but I'll check mine out later today and get back to you.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:17 AM

I agree with AlanC AlanC, its a remote driven system interfaced with DOU band close proximity via IR headphone.

DVD Player/Media System. Fits: COMMANDER | Mopar Parts

Old 01-09-2015, 10:59 AM

I just checked my DVD player and unfortunately I couldn't find a way of switching the screen on without using the remote. I did find this remote on eBay but it's in Texas. Uconnect Remote Genuine DVD Rear Entertainment 05091247AA Chrysler Dodge | eBay

Old 01-10-2015, 01:32 AM

Just a thought, is it possible a universal remote could be programmed to operate it?

Old 01-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Default DVD & headphones

Cheers guys.

Found a main dealer in Croydon called Motor Village (when did Chrysler main dealers become so scarce) and spoke to parts guy Del who was very helpful. Checked their database and found right remote to go with our chassis number. Part was £95+vat but discontinued. He very helpfully gave me Chrysler part number and a search on Google showed a Saab dealer (?) with a brand new one in stock for £53 including delivery. Ordered it and here's hoping !!

Main dealer price for headphones however was £97.... Each.

Thanks for link AlanC have ordered a couple of those aftermarket ones. Felt bit guilty as guy in Croydon went out of his way to help me, which seems to be a rarity these days...

M.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:31 AM

The headphones have a 3 position switch. You need to select the correct position before they will work correctly otherwise they sound C4AP!

Good luck with the remote Mark.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:44 AM

Hi all. Just received Mopar DVD remote in the post Chrysler part number 05083190AA.... from a company in Essex. I had thought it was new but was obviously second hand. Its def the part number that Chrysler main dealer told me it should be..... and screen still doesnt work :-(

Am now in position of not knowing which bit of kit is not working. DVD head unit spins up and sound can be heard from playing DVD so am ASSUMING head unit is ok so either the screen is dead or its the wrong remote after all..... or remote is defective... but how do you find out if a remote control is sending a signal ?

Anyone know best way to see if screen is receiving a signal from the head unit.... or am I just best taking it to a car audio place... I am hesitant about doing that as I know they tend to be very good at upselling :-)

Would it help if posted pics of remote/screen ?

Old 01-14-2015, 12:20 PM

First thing I would do if it was me would be to gather all my domestic remotes and try them in the car. You never know, one of them may just switch your screen on.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by markyb7
Anyone know best way to see if screen is receiving a signal from the head unit....
If you point the remote at a digital camera (cellphone, webcam) and press buttons on the remote you should be able to see the IR light on the camera screen.

At least that will tell you if the remote is sending signals.

The only other thing I can think of is to find someone with a similar vehicle and see if their remote works on your vehicle or if your remote works on their vehicle.

Quick Reply: DVD query Grand Voyager